TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Persons Unknown
thor
Persons Unknown

Persons Unknown http://sharetv.org/shows/persons_unknown
is an upcoming drama starring Jason Wiles and Daisy Betts. Here is the description.

A group of strangers awaken in a deserted town with no memory of how they arrived. Watched by omnipresent security cameras, their every attempt at leaving the town is thwarted by mysterious forces. The only source of information is fed randomly through remotely controlled televisions, and as mistrust begins to breed, every alliance will be tested, especially when new guests begin to arrive.

It is produced by FOX and will be aired by NBC. I haven't been able to find any definate premier date but some sites report October 2009.

Although a preview has been released (see link below) information on the show is very thin at the moment. Although reported by many sites as being picked up by NBC there is currently no information on NBC'c official site.

If anyone has further information on this show please share it.

Preview Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIi_D-VoLs

11 years ago
Comments
blkhole
expert

Sounds like a ripoff from the BBC tv series The Prisoner to me.

11 years ago
tash845
guru

Persons Unknown stars Oscar winner Christopher McQuarrie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, FtvS will make 13 episodes of Persons Unknown which will start filming on October 27th in Mexico.

11 years ago
thor

@Tash, I believe your info is from a 2008 story. Filming has begun and may already be completed. Still no confirmed air date. IMDB states the original airdate for the pilot as October 2009. Other sites report a 2010 start. Still no news on the ABC site.

11 years ago
tash845
guru

I watched the trailer at www.personsunknown.com -- looks interesting.

11 years ago
thor

Show will premiere on Wednesday March 3rd 2010.

11 years ago
thor

Show will now begin Monday June 7th, 2010 10/9c on NBC

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

so anybody watched this yet ive just d/loaded it sounds alright

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

I guess this will run for 6 seasons. Like a rip off of LOST.

11 years ago
kinuzinha
guru

It a bit puzzling, I never saw the prisonner so I can't compare and
I think it could go either way bad or great after watching the first episode so I'll give it a try as lots of my favorite shows stopped for summer break

11 years ago
softwizz
guru

In The Prisoner (at least the original one) it was clear from the start that the central character had resigned from an intelligence organisation, thus his incarceration - and continuing attempts to brainwash him - were understandable and logical on some level.

In Persons Unknown we have a disparate group of people, and at the moment there doesn't seem anything to tie them together except the mere fact that they are together. To anyone who is a follower of the "Modesty Blaise" books, I'd say that this show feels rather akin to "Last Day In Limbo".

If you don't know the "Modesty Blaise" books, I can heartily recommend them. You should really read them in sequence though, and "Limbo" is about 7th or 8th in the list. And if you must look for the material in movie form, watch *only* "My Name Is Modesty", all the other attempts made under this franchise name were trash.

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

yeah this could be another lost but enjoying it so far

11 years ago
boburnhamlover14
regular

I really like this show, it's interesting.

10 years ago
katel
guru

It's also a little like 'survivors' the English show.

10 years ago
thor

Showpages have been updated.

Character images and Bios have been added as well as screenshots and episode info.

Beware information does contain spoilers.

Click image on top right to view show pages.

10 years ago
katel
guru

What a strange couple of episodes. I wonder if it's finished?

10 years ago
thor

@Katel

I you refer to the two episodes that aired on Aug 28th then yes the show has finished. The season contained 13 episodes with no plans for a second.

10 years ago
katel
guru

@thor

Thanks. I wondered if it had ended. It looked as though it couldn't go any further, especially on a ship.

10 years ago
doriangrey
expert

that ending sucked...

altough the show was crumbling half way trough the season

10 years ago
zenerman
expert

I am glad that they didn't do another painful season of this show. It is one of those agonizing and frustrating shows that leaves you with a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. Who knows it may be close to reality but I prefer a positive story line and not on that leaves with no hope! These characters are helpless pawns at the hand of corporation that has no interest, or concern, for the "common man". Their interest and venue is that world dominion and control...
I don't like this kind of crap...in fact I may boycott these writers in the future for producing such garbage....my opinion they should pay with their careers...
Good riddance...

10 years ago
softwizz
guru

Come on zenerman, the TV 'on' switch turns both ways. Nobody is forcing you to watch.

10 years ago
zenerman
expert

Ok...maybe I am little harsh...but the show had potential. In the last episode I thought they were going to make the show work...but instead they flushed it down the toilet...sorry but I feel like I had a carrot dangling in front of me...but when I got a hold of it I found it was rotten...

10 years ago
softwizz
guru

I know exactly how you feel. The writers set us up to be pleasantly surprised at the success of the characters we were all rooting for, then they pulled the rug from under us.

10 years ago
thor

I was dissapointed with the direction of the last episode but I thought the episode as a whole it was very well put together.

10 years ago
eleocleo
pro

I agree.... the last 2 episodes were really bad...
But i've really enjoyed the beginning of the show...
it could have been a great show if it've ended

10 years ago
katel
guru

I agree with Zenerman.

There could have been a second season. I would have watched it.

10 years ago
bigrich
guru

You guys may hate me for this but I like this show. The ending could have been better, maybe if each of them had been place in there own towns, just like Joe. If they make a second season I know I will be there.

10 years ago
katel
guru

I wonder why they didn't include the female reporter as part of the level 2 experiment though? Everyone else was there.

Anyway, like bigrich, I would have watched it. Didn't mind it.

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

yeah did'nt mind it at all

@katel
maybe they had other plans for the people in the cages.

hope they do a second season it was'nt the worst show on tv that's for sure

10 years ago
doriangrey
expert

i tought it was cancelled for good, wasnt it?

10 years ago
thor

@Doriangrey

You are correct, there will be no more Persons Unknown.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I have to admit that though the concept showed some merit - I personally struggled with it

10 years ago

I loved this. It could have been the new Lost for sure. Why it got cancelled I do not know as it had real potential.

6 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.