TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Human Target
odo
guru
Human Target

Battlestar Galactica 's Tricia Helfer will be appearing in the Human Target pilot episode which has now completed shooting. Chances are good she'll be playing Stephanie Dobbs, a character described as "sophisticated-sexy" who works in special projects for McNamara Engineering.

Comic book appearances by the Human Target in early years were mostly relegated to back-up features in Action Comics and other books; he never had a comic to himself until a Human Target special in 1991. That special issue - written by Mark Verheiden of Smallville and Battlestar Galactica fame - was created to tie in with a then-upcoming ABC TV adaptation of the comic book character. That adaptation - produced by Danny Bilson and Paul De Meo of Flash fame - lasted for only seven episodes, and starred Rick Springfield as Chance.

FOX has announced that they've picked up the show!

11 years ago
Comments
uncertaingod
expert

Just watched the first episode, a pretty cool freelance espionage show. Will definitely keep watching, especially with the awesome cast.

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

I really enjoyed that episode. Now I'm nervous because Fox has a habit of canceling shows I like.

10 years ago

it has the potential to be another great fox thriller like 24, prison break, etc

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

good action, great cast - hope it differentiates itself a bit to keep it on.

10 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Time for episode 2.

10 years ago

enjoyed it but needs more time for character development and needs better plots lines I had it figured out within 5 mins of meeting husband that he was behind it

10 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

meh, these shows ain't about the big reveal and they aren't angling it like that. It's a decent show well written, I liked episode 2 more than the first, quite entertaining.

10 years ago

I have tried to like this show, it just that I am finding very slow.
I'll give it a few more weeks to pick up.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

yeah - it's just okay. Nice to watch while running on the treadmill.

10 years ago
thor

I like it. It has been getting good ratings.

10 years ago

This is a very good show. It is a lot like the Pretender, except the main character does not mind getting his hands dirty.

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

I was wondering what everyone thought of the new cast members. Apparently they have added 2 female characters to the show. One is going to be the boss.
www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s60/human-target/news/a255250/human-target-boss-def
ends-changes.html
I happen to think this is a bad plot development. Winston was doing a great job, why do they need a boss? If they thought the show needed a feminine touch they should have just made Layla an official member of the team. That's my take what's your?

10 years ago
thor

@Barmaiden

Thanks for the info. I agree with you, I think it's a bad move. TNT did a similar thing with Dark Blue. They added a female boss to an already established team and it's just not the same as before.

10 years ago

Good find bardmaiden. I think a female boss could work out ok cause of Chance's rebellious attitude with everything, but I would want to see Winston do more "hands on" in the missions.

10 years ago
thor

Special Announcement: September 30th 2010: Human Target Season 2 Delayed

Season 2 of Human Target, which was scheduled to begin on Friday Oct. 1st, will now begin Wednesday November 17th at 8/7c on Fox.

10 years ago
jersey
junior

Yeah...... Its a very good show.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

I was looking forward to it coming back - guess I'll have to wait a little bit.

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

Today would have been the return of Human Target now we have to wait another 48 days. Let's just hope FOX doesn't change it's mind again. First they change the general dynamics of the show by added new character now they keep changing the day and time it will return. If this pattern keeps up this show will be canceled before we know it.

10 years ago
tash845
guru

I so dislike when they do this to a show ... changing the air date. I've seen Mark Valley in many tv shows over the years and Kenneth McBride also -- veterans; both. When the network finally starts the show it's close to the holidays and then we don't get to see it weekly.

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

In anticipation of the second season premiere here is a preview clip to wet your whistle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqq_ydXiY1I

looks good actually.

9 years ago
harryheck
expert

here's a nother 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQ8aLS2jFM

9 years ago
barmaiden
expert

Season 2 started a little slow, but picked up steam. So far the new additions don't hamper the show. I still think they should have kept new girl, but maybe Ames is also computer savvy.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

I liked last seasons Human Target, but Season 2 is much better.

They added two new women who gives the show much more balance and depth.

IIsa with deep pockets seems clueless (Do you think you will have need for a tank) on what it takes to help people verses low budget Chance who will do almost anything to help people.

Guerrero will pull your finger nails out or shoot you verses Ames who will talk or take what she wants while smiling at you the whole time.

They will keep Winston as the middle man between the groups and each of them.

Ames should not become the techy because it will change the shows balance. Bringing in a new female Techy to balance Winston in a smaller part would be a great idea.

9 years ago
harryheck
expert

Good episode but the naive Pucci gonna get old fast. Nothing against bringing her into the show but, they managed fine without her before and that I'm the boss thing's going to get old fast. What did she think she was getting into?? Kinder garden???

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

@ harryheck

I think you will see Pucci's character change as Human Target moves on into the season.

Just look at what she did too Chicago!

If you remember Season 1, Chance ended up taking off with most of the women he helped.

Warning! Do not read if you have not watched HT 2.3

In Season 2, the first woman Chance helps takes over the business, and you really need to take a close look at Chance and Pucci. The writers are setting the stage for a close bond between them.

9 years ago

The last episode was great. I figured he did something to the alcohol, when he told him not to drink it.

9 years ago
joel1067
pro

Lennie James is great as Baptiste. Now I'm sorry I didn't watch Jericho...

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

yep I love baptiste

9 years ago

the money laundering client was a nice twist within a twist.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

I agree with Chance. "Shoot a Reindeer; Save an Evergreen." Once you accept a lie as being truth then what is truth and what is false?

"We do Christmas for our children." You lie to your children, so you can turn them into liers?

Well Jesus was born on December 25: Lie, March or April.
Santa Clause will give me gifts: Lie, parents, family or friends.
There are flying raindeer: Lie, a lie to cover the first lie.

Christmas is only a business holiday for greater profits: Truth

At onetime, business used this time to sell off their stock and get ready for the following spring, but modern business use this time to make more profit and less about selling off old stock.

Finally a show's main charter comes out with the truth. Bravo Human Target writers.

9 years ago
quark
guru

@llast2blast

I echo your sentiments with respect to lieing over this period.

I find that one of the biggest lies in retailing is
"the customer is always right".
Unless you are speaking of something backed up in Law the vendor is only paying lip service to to this credo.

The Ferengi at least are more "honest" about there attitude to this lie.
Always remember the 265th Rule of Acquisition
"The customer is always right... until you get their cash."

Think I might give this show a try.

9 years ago

This show seems to get better with each new episode. The new characters seem to mesh well with the old.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

As we can see with these new cast members, Human Target is now multi facseted. The story-line was Chance helping people in need which is still true, but now we see an injection of cast members needing as much help as those in need. HT can now go in many direction with its story-line, and 2.7 and 2.8 was a prime example of these many possiblities. It seemed like the writers used 2.7 to close out the old Chance, and they used 2.8 to open the door for a new Chance and HT.

I saw the ending to 2.8 coming awhile back, but I didn't know when HT Writers would give it to us. It will be interesting to see where they now take HT.

9 years ago
rhettswife
guru

Indira Varma tends to be in really intersting shows as a strong female role, however she is always killed off within the first few episodes. I'm happy to still see her around!

9 years ago
vyp3r

If anyone is wondering where last nights (Wed.) double episodes for Human Target were, they were pre-empted by coverage of the rally in Arizona.

Both episodes have been rescheduled for Friday the 14th, according to feedback on the Fox forum for Human Target.

9 years ago
thor

Thanks Vyp3r. I was looking for them all day.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

One thing is for sure about Human Target, It's hard to tell where it's going from week to week.

Pucci's character is getting a healthy workout that works very well for HT.

Just seeing that photo and what was in the front yard is a total mind blower. It's one of those things that we didn't think about a character, but there was that possablity hiding in the back ground. HT now has what it needs to be around for many years.

9 years ago

Last nights episodes were the best two eposides so far.
Especially the prison episode.

9 years ago
defukdto
regular

i am loving this series, heres hoping it will last a while,

zanderblade i concur prison ep was awesome

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

yeah I like the show too - good mix of action and comedy.

9 years ago
kunny
junior

Fantastic show. Characters are great and the storyline is great.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

I saw that one coming, so it will be interesting to see where they take the storyline from 2.12. Will they chalk it up to a moment of weakness and try to forget it?

I have a feeling that training will be involved in HT 3, so we will see a progression of her character toward more involvement like we saw in 2.12. HT writers are opening an interesting door that seems to be following in a direction of an other sitcom I watch on NBC.

Compare Chuck and HT without the intersect, and they seem similar but reversed in theme to me. I am a Chucky, so I dont mind them being some what similar in basic nature to each other.

HT 2 was better HT 1, and HT 3 should be even better than HT 1 and 2 if the writers continue their progression of characters while continuing HT main theme of helping people.

HT is getting better weekly, so it will be around for years.

9 years ago
thor

Although Human Target is one of my favourates I think it has lost some of the mystery it had in the first season.

But, what really worries me is the way Fox has been scheduling the show. I can't help feeling they have been rushing through the episodes in the second half of the season. I think they may have lost faith in the show. I fear Human target will not make it to a third season. I do hope I am wrong.

9 years ago
vyp3r

Yeah it is always worrying when a network moves around the timeslot for a show and trouble is usually not far behind.
Because that means the network believes:
1. another program that they have on the side will do better in that timeslot, and
2. if they think that they don't have a lot of faith in the program itself.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

I don't watch cable TV, so I would not have any idea about juggling time slots.

Networks seem to be going for brain dead cheap reallity TV, and I refuse to watch "Reallity TV because its all fake, and they will do anything for ratings on these shows.

Cut HT and network should fire themself for being stipid.

HT 2 isn't like HT 1, but HT 1 would have gotten old real fast as a modern day Macgyver. Yes some of the mystery of season one is gone because there were questions asked and question answered. I don't see where knowing the answers hurts HT. With 2 female cast members added to HT, the dynamics of HT would change to draw in more female viewer. HT 1 and HT 2 are completely different. For me, my question is now where are they going to take HT.
?

9 years ago

That was a great finale last night. But the rouge spy bit was kinda goofy. Though I loved what Guerrero did near the end. I thought that was great.
If it is cancelled, then I hope some other network sees the potntial and picks it up.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

If they cancel HT after that episode, they need to fire people at the network for being stupid. I think that its time we started writing to the network, and tell them that HT is too good to be canceled by them.

9 years ago
paedr
pro

Human Target has been cancelled by Pox Network - http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-breaking-in-and-hum
an-target/92184/

9 years ago
richardpure
expert

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

another one bites the dust as it was improving...

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.