TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Human Target
odo
guru
Human Target

Battlestar Galactica 's Tricia Helfer will be appearing in the Human Target pilot episode which has now completed shooting. Chances are good she'll be playing Stephanie Dobbs, a character described as "sophisticated-sexy" who works in special projects for McNamara Engineering.

Comic book appearances by the Human Target in early years were mostly relegated to back-up features in Action Comics and other books; he never had a comic to himself until a Human Target special in 1991. That special issue - written by Mark Verheiden of Smallville and Battlestar Galactica fame - was created to tie in with a then-upcoming ABC TV adaptation of the comic book character. That adaptation - produced by Danny Bilson and Paul De Meo of Flash fame - lasted for only seven episodes, and starred Rick Springfield as Chance.

FOX has announced that they've picked up the show!

11 years ago
Comments
quark
guru

@Richardpure

It is totally unnecessary to repost the URL of the preceeding post by Paedr.

9 years ago

Well I liked this show and thought it had at least another season in it. Boy fox executives don't seem very bright.

9 years ago
defukdto
regular

cant believe fox canned this. one of the better shows out.

9 years ago
joel1067
pro

hmmm, time to start a "Bring Back John Scott" crusade over at the Fringe board!

9 years ago

@defukdto
Well this is the network who has allowed American Idol to go on so long so their taste is not so great.

9 years ago
defukdto
regular

too true zandarblade. how much reality tv can they produce.

9 years ago
harryheck
expert

Sad and this was only getting better
R.I.P.

9 years ago

sign of the times folks the money is running out and less and less ppl are watching tv now it is all online. I watched to news last night and soap fans are going ape shit 2 major soaps have been cancelled and they are adding some more current event and talk shows, they are cheap as stone to produce

9 years ago
gdwarner
guru

Crap! I was wondering what happened to this show; should've known it got cancelled. Hope they replace it with something better (as in, NO REALITY SHOWS, PUH-LEASE!!)!

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

I am disappointed HT was cancelled because it was getting good, but networks like profits. Sitcoms are expensive and reality show are super cheat. Brain dead people think this reality TV is real. Reality TV is just like Wrestling staged and fake. I detest "Reality TV"

9 years ago
paedr
pro

@llast2blast I agree whole-heartedly. Reality tv is so far down on the intellectual food-chain it is the only thing that can make a politician seem smart!!

9 years ago

I still wish they hadn't cancelled this one.

9 years ago
hkgrappler
guru

yet another bad decision by the networks, without considering the syndication effect.

A lot of Overseas markets rely heavily on fluid shows (those that don't get chopped after 3 episodes) for there ratings ad income. So with the cancelling of Human Target it screws up a lot of the possibilities of overseas syndication to assist with the production costs and to keep these shows viable.

Its a pity that the studios just see the US market as the indicator for the rest of the world. This bugs me and I am sure those who are not in the US it would be bugging the hell out of you too.

That's enough from me before I start something bad :)

Bad Studio, Bad.. :) Stay safe all.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

Check out my forum thread "Web Network" HT would be a perfect fit for my idea.

9 years ago
shweshan
pro

the family going to miss this very much. It's a good thing we have all the progs on disc.

9 years ago
jimdandy

We tried several times to watch the Human Target program however it was always pre-empted by something else on the network. If the viewers couldn't find the program how does the network expect the series to be a success. It's not fair to the actors or the viewers. I hope another network will pick up the program.

9 years ago
llast2blast
expert

if they want to kill a show they will do everything they can to lower the ratings and then they can say, "see low ratings, its not our fault."

9 years ago
thor

@llast2blast

Networks need viewers so they can make money from advertising, this is a fact. To intentionally lower ratings would be counter productive and is the last thing on a networks mind. They would actually keep a crap show on air indefinatley if it generated enough viewers.

Fox or any other network don't need to prove a show is bad to cancel it. If they don't like a show, they will cancel it regardless or the viewers opinion.

@Jimdandy

I agree with you on scheduling. I watch tv online so I don't have to sit down at a particular time and even I get frustrated at the way networks schedule their shows. I can only imagine the frustration of fans who sit down, turn on and tune in to find that their favourate shows are nowhere to be seen. This definatley hurts a show and the soooner networks realise this the better.

9 years ago
vyp3r

The fact is, shows get "shuffled" around because the network is trying to generate viewers in that timeslot and that show (in their mind) is not doing enough.

You'll notice it will usually happen to a show on the end of its season as well. When the show's ratings are lower than at the beginning.

What it actually boils down to is, the network chose the wrong timeslot for it in the first place and are now trying to "fix" the problem or the network had higher expectations of the show than it could actually deliver.

If you think you have it bad in the US, you would actually pull your hair out living here in Australia. Where they buy the next big thing (read show) from the US, and due to timeslot or it just doesn't work with Aussie audiences, after its initial few episodes they'll start sliding up the time scale to 9.30pm, 10.30pm or even 11.30pm.

It is one of the major reasons why I just download all the shows I want to watch and don't give a rats about what the network want to show me.

Anyway, I ranting now, but I hope you get my initial point.

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.