TV Forum

TV Forum » TV Show Chat » "Just the right amount of misery" - House
baretryst
pro
"Just the right amount of misery" - House

I so loved this weeks episode S04E05- Mirror, Mirror.

I can't count the number of ways I loved it. But my top 3 reasons:

1. The quotes from House about being miserable.
Life is subjective. - We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. - YOU have to give life meaning, life does not hand it to you. and after all, "Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat"

2. I SO LOVE how the "new team" is shaping up.
I have been a "cheerleader" for the new team here at ShareTV and I hope some of you, who were a bit put-off by the original team no longer being in front of the camera as much, are now understanding what I was talking about. It is only making House MD better.

3. (even though this is not ACTUALLY part of this episode) the preview of the next episode.
House helping the CIA is just TOO DAMN COOL not to list here.

:D

Oh another misery quote:

13 years ago
Comments
uncertaingod
expert

Best episode of house for a while (though has there ever been a bad one really?)

I loved the last couple of scenes.

"That could have been either of us"

>"You have great yaboo's"

:D

13 years ago

You both summed up the best parts quite nicely, heehee!
I do have to say that I miss fake doc, the old guy.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I'm with you on this baretryst, I like seeing the new team interaction (with each other and House) and I definitely don't miss Cameron or Chase (every time I see them on the screen now, I can't wait for their scene to be over). Love Foreman though... And yeah, I miss the old fake doc too, vicious...

13 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Actually a bit bizarre that this episode airs and then we hear about Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku's new project Dollhouse, which the main character seems to have a similar ailment to the main guy in this episode.

13 years ago
whiplash2007
expert

I found it ironic that the initial three interns came as weak unformed characters (for the most part) and at the end of last season left but took a part of House with them. I can see them back this season having embraced that part of House they took with them and instead of Cuddy getting three counter-balances to House, she gets House and 3 House-lites as each realizes the part of House they have adopted has made them stronger in one way or another.

Now a dumb question for those who watched Mirror Mirror: My wife and I watched, rewound (digitally) and watched again the final thing with Cuddy, House and Mirror-man (the scene with the Yahoobs comment)...can anyone explain what was going on there? Were they (and the crowd behind them) waiting to see who imprinted themselves on the patient first? Was that the "contest"?

Finally I too miss the "old guy"; what Stargate fan would not.

13 years ago

I think the contest was to prove that cuddy still has a thing for house and he has a thing for her that was my reading but I just may be a dirty old man lmao

Cheers

13 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Yes the contest was to see who was the 'alpha dog' between Cuddy and House.

Yaboo's FTW!

13 years ago
baretryst
pro

@whiplash-> The "mirror man" would mimic the stronger PERSONALITY. Which some people think the stronger personality = the alpha. *which is not always the case

In fact, as a Siberian Husky breeder and owner (a pack breed/animal), my opinion is that Cuddy is way more alpha than House. But House has WAY more personality.

Ok
DOLL PARTS

1. Joss Whedon's series are always appreciated and adored;
2. Eliza Dushku is so tops on my "celeb babes" meter *Yes, this passion was borne from "Faith"*;
3. The premise of "Doll Parts" sounds wickedly cool.

1 2 3= WoW!

@Captsheridan-> I thought so as well (but I am well, a female pervert so....)

13 years ago
whiplash2007
expert

@Oh great Bare One: Understood. Tks. As much as I liked this episode, it just so happened that I caught it right after watching what I consider to be one of the darker eps (and IMHO powerful) from last season, the one where John Larroquette (sp I am sure, the coma patient) hangs himself so his son could live. The thud as House and whats-his-name (sleep deprived, memory is the first to go) are sitting in the hallway...that whole episode was one the kept me up staring at the ceiling long after the set had gone dark for the evening...

13 years ago
gold
expert

@NIP
hey i also liked his refrence to the micheal moore film sicko along with every thing else
LOL

i also agree with uncertaingod no house episode has ever been boring or dumb

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.