FAQ... How do I Add or Remove a Friend
Adding a Friend
1. First you must make a Request for Friendship.
2. Go to the Profile Page of the Member you wish to be Friends with.
3. There towards the top left of the page you will see a menu column.
4. Click on 'Add to Friends'
5. This will lodge a Request for Friendship with the Member you wish to have as a Friend and the words will change to 'Friend Added'
6. In the same menu column Click on Send Message
7. Write to the Member saying why you would like to be their friend.
(this is the polite thing to do)
8. If they accept you your avatar will appear in their friend listing (see below)
Confirmation of Friendship
When some-one has made a Request for Friendship of you,
you need to agree or reject them.
1. On your Profile Page towards the top left of the page you will see a similar menu column
2.Click on Requests (#)
Note. When some-one has sent you a Request the hash symbol (#) will show the number of Friend requests that you have not dealt with
3. A page displaying unresolved requests will be displayed.
4. In a box (or boxes) will be the avatar and name of the Member(s) making the Request(s).
5.a. Click 'Accept' if you wish to be Friends or
5.b. Click 'Ignore' if you do not.
If you accept the Member will be added to your list of Friends.
This will also add you to their list. Why not send a message saying you have accepted them as a Friend and start your Friendship.
Clicking 'Ignore' cancels the request.
Message the Member if you wish to explain why you have refused the request.
Removing a Friend
1. In that same menu column is the word 'Friends'
2. Click on this word
3. A page will open displaying the Avatars and names of all your Friends in alphabetical order.
3a. For more than 30 friends you need to advance the listing by clicking 'Next.
4. Each avatar has a small empty box underneath the Avatar and to the left of your friends' name.
5. Click on the box of the Friend you wish to remove and a green tick will appear in the box.
You may Click again to remove the tick if you select the wrong one.
6. With the tick(s) in place go to the bottom of the page and find the word 'Delete'
7. Click on the word 'Delete'
8. The Avatar(s) will be removed as has your friendship with the member(s) concerned.
9. You will now find you have a Friend Request from this ex-friend
10. Do 5b 'Ignore' of the 'Confirmation section' above to finalise the removal .
11. Your avatar will now be removed from your ex-Friends list.
Note.1 If you have made a mistake do 5a of the 'Confirmation section' above to re-instate your Friend.
When looking at your requests page you can check any requests you have made by clicking on the words 'My Requests' this will show you any requests that you have made which have yet to be actioned by the Member to whom you sent the request.
See full answer to FAQ about Friend Requests made in error.
8 years ago