TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Great shows from the past
Great shows from the past

does anyone remember the UK series Robin of Sherwood I downloaded the other day and started watching it with g/f she had never seen it being a Canadian lol she went mad over it ended up watching the entire first season on sun afternoon with her forgotten how good it was. Does anyone else have some old shows they miss, I am thinking from at least 2o years ago

12 years ago
Comments
hoodmk2
guru

Red Skelton was very popular in the states - didn't do so well over here - but I liked it

10 years ago

forgot to mention baa baa blacksheep and 12o'clock high

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

There were a number of guest stars on 12 o'clock high who went on to bigger things. It was a very good period show

Baa Baa Blacksheep went on to become Black Sheep Squadron with a very young John Larroquette as one of the pilots

10 years ago
peterpetrelli10

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

10 years ago
rip1967

10 years ago
quark
guru

@Rip

Your posting Removed as you have already started a thread on the subject.

Please do NOT post the same request in more than one thread.
Thankyou.

10 years ago
jersey
junior

Numb3rs and The shiled

10 years ago
tash845
guru

There was a show that I liked called Evening Shade that had a great cast in the early 90's.

10 years ago
anniedgal
pro

@Hoodmk2 I enjoyed Baa Baa Blacksheep & Robert Conrad. I was never much a war show person but I did like that & my sister had the biggest crush on Robert Conrad.

My favorites are Hart to Hart, Starting From Scratch, Laverne & Shirley, MatchGame (all dates...great that they are replaying it on gameshow network). Kolchak The Night Stalker, Mannimal, Girl From UNCLE, Feather Father, Hawaiian Eye...I could go on & on but the old shows to me are the best. Hence why they keep trying to reincarnate them but fail miserably.

10 years ago
tash845
guru

@anniedgal
I agree, the old shows are the best. The writing was better too.

10 years ago
anniedgal
pro

@tash845

I watch Match Game on gameshow network. Can you think of 6 "stars" of today that would sit on a panel & interact with us "regular" people the way those stars did?
Writing was better & the stars were friendlier, nicer, more down to earth. I went to a "Love Letters" play about 13 years ago starring Robert Wagner & Stefanie Powers. They stayed back stage & waited for each & every person, signed autographed & even had their pictures taken. Don't see that today.

I miss the old stars & old shows. Saddened to hear of Tony Curtis' passing today, he was one of the last stars of the golden age of Hollywood. He'll have fun catching up with Jack Lemmon when he gets there. R.I.P.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

@Anniedgal - I think the reason most of these older shows had such an impression on us is because they were new concepts - most everything since then have been variations on amny of the themes that these older shows first pioneered.

10 years ago
anniedgal
pro

@hoodmk2 Yes, I agree. But I also feel that it is very unfortunate there are not more innovative people in the entertainment industry in this day & age.

I watched the old V when they replayed it for when they were going to air the new V & said "Wow, I can't believe how much better it seemed then than now." Unfortunately, the new V was no better (frankly worse) & neither are any of the remakes of the classic series.

The shows of today insult our intelligence. They have to have graphic sex/violence. Just look at Psycho (I know it was a movie not a tv show) but you never saw the stab wounds to Janet Leigh, it was your imagination. Today, the writers don't think the viewers have imagination & give us gratuitus violence & sex. I'd rather use my imagination than be disgusted by what they choose to show. Just my humble opinion.

10 years ago
lee7184

Case Closed
Eureka

10 years ago
lmnlmn

One and only Gossip girl .......

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

@anniedegal Agreed today it seems to be all about the effects and shocks tha can be put on the screen - There are some interesting shows out there

10 years ago
tash845
guru

There was a wonderful show called Family. I saw it in repeats when I was a teenager and then it disappeared - forever. I would love to see this excellent show again.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

It was a warmly wonderful show

10 years ago
tash845
guru

@hoodmk2

Ah ha! You remember it too. I wish that TV Land would view it.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I have looked around and I can't find an online copy of an episode - sorry

10 years ago
yankeefan
pro

I remember Family with Kristy McNichol. I checked ebay but didn't even see episodes there.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

She was diagnosed with Bi polar disorder which cut her career very short

10 years ago
eris1031
guru

The Twilight Zone used to get inside my head when I was kid. I loved that show, heck I still watch it.

10 years ago
lutzco

Yes, indeed, Robin rocked. Does anyone remember a Disney "series" about a character named Janet Blair who taught horseback riding? It incorporated the Whiffenpoof Song - the melody, anyway - in an episode. Even more importantly, who remembers a summer replacement/pilot from about 1960-1962, called "Charlie's Girls"? The theme song went, "We're ambassadors of good will/from the good old USA/We're the girls/He's Charrrlie/from the good old USA." Three (?) girls and their leader, Charlie, on a singing tour in Europe.

10 years ago
jbo01
junior

Hogan Horses

10 years ago
quark
guru

Haven't heard of that one. do you mean Hogan's Heroes?

10 years ago
nogds9
guru

LOST,now I'm lost forever:(

10 years ago
dannycash
regular

the monkees

10 years ago
rrk2rivera

10 years ago
quark
guru

Spam removed

10 years ago
sargo
regular

Freaks and Geeks. i didn't see it when it was originally aired, but have the dvds. Great show.

10 years ago
dannycash
regular

Planet Of The Apes. Six Million Dollar Man

10 years ago

Sea Hunt, Pete amd Marty The Hardy boys and Nancy Drew series back in the early to mid 60s they were aired on the weekend part of the mickey mouse club

10 years ago

sorry was spin marty and give me abreak mates it is early am here and if was lkie 50 years ago lol

10 years ago
icarus7z7
guru

Northern Exposure

10 years ago
laurelarockefeller
regular

well you KNOW I have to add in Benji, Zax, and the Alien Prince from 1983, the best show from the 1980s not many people watched (but dvds are available!). It was on CBS on saturday mornings at 11am and as I was in the 6th grade at the time, I put my mother through crazy amounts of effort so I could be home to watch it!

My first interest in a boy came out of that show! Can anyone resist the prince's soft grey eyes *sigh*. rofl. That handsome prince was played by Christopher "Chris" Burton.

Who's the Boss was one of those great old shows I really missed. A lot of fun!

And anymore remember Silver Spoons?

And of course what was the name of that show that was similar to family ties, but featured Kirk Cameron? The song is in my head "show me that smile again..." Oh, this is driving me crazy!

10 years ago
eris1031
guru

@laurelarockefeller
Kirk? Growing Pains?

I remember staying up late to watch the Adventures of Superman (1951-1958). Family Ties was a great show, so was Lassie and Knight Rider.

9 years ago
icarus7z7
guru

The Outer Limits

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

ON THE BUSES / Love thy Neighbour / Mork & Mindy

Alias Smith and Jones / Gemini Man / soap

9 years ago
tash845
guru

Father Knows Best, The Donna Reed Show from the 1950's.
I got to watch the re-runs in the 90's.

9 years ago
softwizz
guru

Alas Smith and Jones (Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones)

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

Alias Smith and Jones.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

The Persuaders

9 years ago
tash845
guru

Twilight Zone always on Sci-Fi channel here. A classic show & one of the best.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Always amazed how some shows really date while others don't

9 years ago
softwizz
guru

In SF, books are the same. Look at how James H Schmitz's depiction of speech, technology, ESP and society's mores still seems bang on the money 50-60 years later, while other writers of his era can make you cringe!

9 years ago
wassal545

9 years ago
softwizz
guru

spam

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

the great egg race
teams make machines to . move boil smash transport eggs .

also
there was a program about micro lights to build Model planes ,with bolser wood . and Tissue-paper .and they use to fly them in a aircraft hanger .dont know what it was called

9 years ago
falconetti
junior

The Fugitive with David Janssen

8 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.