TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Boycott shows that don't end "on time"
santonoff
pro
Boycott shows that don't end "on time"

Several popular shows (Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Desperate Housewives) have been ending a minute or two late and this is the way it is scheduled in the electronic programming guides. This forces a viewer to either miss the first minute of a show on another channel or miss the final minute of the first show. Unless you're careful, it can prevent a single channel DVR that uses the EPG from recording one show or the other. We can stop this practice: do not watch any show that does not end "on the half hour" live. Record it (or download it) and skip the commercials. This will hit the network in the wallet with lower ratings if enough of us do it. That will encourage them to end the practice. It's not like you get an extra minute or two of the show: they just move a commercial from one show to the one before it.

12 years ago
Comments
jiji87
expert

Boycotting a show puts it in high risk of being canceled. Why would you do that if you like the show enough to tune in in the first place? If the extra minute or two bothers you so much then you should e-mail the network and urge others to do the same. Boycotting seems like a bad idea.

12 years ago

i agree boycotting may just meen the show gets cancelled

12 years ago
odo
guru

how about shows that cut te ending ...?

12 years ago
morphieo
expert

Just dont do this to Greys, Lost, Smallville, Btw just check my page the List of my Favourite shows will tell you.

lol

Boycotting Tv shows bad idea because thats what gives the show Hits
And I know I know the internet Blogs, show sites forums and such..

12 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.