TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Here's a question...
gedmen
guru
Here's a question...

Has a title character or lead character in a tv show ever been killed off (permanantely) and the show successfully continued?

12 years ago
Comments
tash845
guru

@ged
Gordon Jackson won an Emmy for supporting actor
in Upstairs, Downstairs

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

@tash Thats a case of the US cocking up the catergories again,He was nominated for best actor at the British Amateur Film & Television Awards(BAFTA's).I think am right on this matter,if you do a wiki search for upstairs,downstairs and look up the cast,tell me who is top of the tree...Gordon Jackson!

12 years ago
nogds9
guru

@tash,Upstairs,Downstairs is my favorite UK drama series,I have every episode and have watched the entire series at least 20 times.
Hudson is my favorite character,Sarah runs a close second,what are we going to do with Uncle Arthur!

12 years ago
tash845
guru

I loved Upstairs, Downstairs -- but, they did not show all of the episodes on PBS in NY. I was very young at the time and followed it faithfully. Over the years I've seen many programs on PBS, however, Upstairs, Downstairs was easily my favorite.

12 years ago
nogds9
guru

@gedmen,she was a title character,it was devastating when Mrs.Bellamy died.

@tash,I bought it on dvd,I'm going to start watching it again.lol

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

@nog & @tash As you are both fans,this site may interest you,www.updown.org.uk/ It gives some interesting titbits about the history of the show & why all the shows were not shown on US tv.

As for the issue regarding Lady Marjorie Bellamy,because it was more an ensemble cast the show did not revolve solely around Lady M,so I have to rule(as originator of the thread)as a not exactly what I was looking for,although I will credit you for a really good try & bringing back some good memories of a show I had almost forgotten about :-)

12 years ago

@ appara

Yes Shannon Doherty as Prue in Charmed was the first to come to my mind

12 years ago

Marissa in The O.C.
killed off, but the show went on one or two seasons and her boyfriend got another romantic pair, that the audience really liked.

but, the best:
E.R.: just take a pick on many major chacacters. One of them really recently died.

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

@aprevidelli I don't think Marissa was the main character in the O.C.

Anthony Edwards qualifies. Who else do you refer to?

12 years ago

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

@aprevidelli I think you just answered the O.C. question,she was part of an ensemble cast & not the main star.

Same with the ER docs all ensemble,but as mentioned before Anthony Edwards was slightly elevated from the ensemble cast.

12 years ago
eviltedhed
regular

dirty den den eastenders killed in the canal born again 15 years later

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

@eviltedhed As popular as dirty den was,he doesen't count because he was part of the ensemble cast,although I would say he may have been cinsidered by many as the 'lifeblood of the show' for a time.

12 years ago
jcoburn

Could someone help me? How do you get a suggestion out to mythbusters? Here's a myth for them to bust: Two skyscrapers built in the 70's being brought down buy the heat of jet fuel and they both comming down perfectly in there own footprints.

12 years ago
gedmen
guru

oops considered*

12 years ago
nogds9
guru

It happens in soap operas all the time,all they do if the series starts to crumble as a result is bring them back to life.lol

12 years ago
alliecatcool
junior

Yes in Jaws 2 i think it was 2 some of those kids get eaten by the shark!!!

12 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.