TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » PeerGuardian problems?
illestdomer2005
regular
PeerGuardian problems?

Just wondering if anybody else has completely lost their lists (i.e. 0 Lists - 0 Lists Updated). If so, did you get them back, and what did you do? Thanks.

13 years ago
Comments
nogds9
guru

Have you tried to manually update?No, have not ever lost the lists,but have had trouble with auto. updates a couple of times.

13 years ago
quark
guru

Mine is blocking my anti-virus program anyone know what to do?

13 years ago
odo
guru

yes had with manually update done at nite all down loads off add a few lists of my own @quark allow in list manger

13 years ago
quark
guru

@jameshowson

Many thanks.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

@illestdomer

Phoenix Labs added this to their FAQ:

PeerGuardian says “Blocking 0 IPs”. Is it safe?
Due to the interest in PG2 our server for Blocklist.org went down under a huge load. It is back up, but you will need to upgrade to Beta 2 or greater and delete your .conf file.

I immediately uninstalled and reinstalled PG when I opened it a week or so ago and saw that "0 blocked" status.

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

@kolbifo

I just opened my PG and it crashed immediately.Got a message that the drivers were at fault.Should I do the same and dump it and reinstall?Will this clean the conf.file also.

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

Ran recover pg in start menu and it updated,seems to be working fine now.

13 years ago
odo
guru

i love pg2 it`s great wish more people knew about it "the bad "should not be allowed in no better not go on a rant !!!!!!! pg 2 is great !! ;)

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

PeerGuardian - "0 blocking" again...

When I opened my PeerGuardian this evening, it read zero IP addresses blocked in the Protection tab again... I didn't see an updated notice on PG' site, but I assume the block list they use went down again (see posts above).

Here's what I do (Windows XP)

1.) Uninstall PeerGuardian, then manually delete the directory (it still contained the config file even after being unistalled).

2.) Reinstall. If you go to PG's website at www.phoenixlabs.org the installation will take you to a mirror site, SourceForge.net

Feel free to post any other instructions / suggestions you may have...

13 years ago
thetrekhippy

I was wondering if anyone knows when the bluetack lists will be back online. I tried the link to their download center, didn't work at all. Right away got a Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. Anybody else have any problems?

12 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.