junior
Twin Peaks

I am so getting this DVD box set

>>> http://www.greetingsfromtwinpeaks.com/

13 years ago
Comments
nogds9
guru

I really like everything David Lynch has made or developed.There is also a prequel out there.I would wait till after you see the series to watch it though,it might spoil some of the mystery.

13 years ago
fishylynn
junior

Is the prequel that movie that was in the theatres ?

if so what was that titled ?

13 years ago
fishylynn
junior

13 years ago
psychola
junior

The prequel was titled Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me.

13 years ago
fishylynn
junior

Okay thanks for that psychola. So this prequel should be watched after the t.v. series ? azoth

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

@fishylynn,it reviels to much,almost what the whole series is about.I highly recommend waiting.

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

@Nip,
Twin Peaks:Fire walk with me,watch the series first.
The prequel is darker and has not the humor of the series.It doesn't really tie up the series though.David Lynch originally shot five hours of film and then it was cut down to two and a quarter hours.Perhaps someday a special edition will be released with Davids full version.

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@nogds9 Some of the original actors are not in the "prequel" and even Kyle McLaughlin is barely there. And, although we learn a few things, I still think it (the storyline) never got finished properly.

The last episode of season 2 left me breathless and disappointed at the same time. I don't know why the networks killed it off (the series) but they surely did.

Recently read the Wiki entry for TP's and it seems Lynch didn't want to solve the mystery of Laura Palmer 'til much later, giving the audience more insight into the other characters, their foibles and desires with the Palmer mystery kind of holding it all together.

I'm really sorry it wasn't allowed to flower as it should have.

13 years ago

@devaasha I felt the same way you did at the ending. My neighbour had the full set on video and i watched it back to back when I was pregnant. You pick up so much more that way, I still can't believe they didn't continue with it. I have it all on dvd now although i haven't watched it for a few years.
some scenes were frightening they really played with your mind, but there was so much dark humour there as well.It was a complex mix

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@windsorboyd I think the network just got spooked by the slightly lower ratings and, rather than hang in, they just closed it down. This isn't/wasn't a L&O franchise; people had to pay attention and even (ghod forbid) think about things.

That last shot at the end, with the "bad" Cooper just hangs in my mind (shudder)

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@atall
one of my fav shows. i also have all the vids and fire walk with me.
not to mention the game , the t shirt, the fridge magnet the coaster you get the picture. recently noticed my 11 yr old had pinched the coaster, pic of laura on it. almost time to let him watch i think. david lynch is extremley clver.

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@merlin There's a game? I was going to get the whole series (plus the Log Lady's stuff, but it wouldn't continue downloading when I had to stop and restart.

I keep wondering what happened to Cooper. Saw a clip with Kyle in it the other day. The looks exactly like he did in that dream when he was 25 years older. I wish they'd do something with that. But Lynch is probably on to other stuff by now (sigh)

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@devaasha yes there is a game!. i havent played it yet but one day i will.

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@merlin11 I'll have to keep my eye out for the game. Though I'm not sure I have anyone to play it with (sigh). Husband isn't very interested (can't get him to watch it) but I haven't given up yet :D

13 years ago
quark
guru

Whoa slow down

I suppose I now have to find out whether Admin approves of talk about games that are related to shows. After all Merlin did say not to mention the game. lol.

Seriously though this a little off thread. ok.

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@quark Sorry if I overstepped.

13 years ago

@quark is there really any harm in mentioning that a board game was created based on a tv series? Surely that is info that fans would share with other fans.

@devaasha i have the board game too, and i haven't played it either

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@quark. i didnt realise this was off topic, it still refers to the tv series.
@windsor i havent played it either.

13 years ago
quark
guru

To you all

I put lol at the end.

I was joking but didn't want the thread to be about the game only. It's about the TV show.

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

i could talk about the show till the owl nests. :)

13 years ago
quark
guru

@merlin11

Please proceed.

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@quark
thank you. x
i really wanted to see what happened when leo`s rope snapped. love big tarantulas
also ,why coop was infected , he was so clever . how was he duped. remember his old "partner " was always in the other world so to speak.he knew what to expect.

13 years ago

big tarantulas???? i may have to go watch this again.

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@merlin11 I think Cooper just got so overwhelmed that his fear allowed Bob entry. I don't think he was duped, I think he just lost the battle as it were.

Tarantulas?

13 years ago
quark
guru

@windsorboyd and devaasha

Big spiders. You know. lol.

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

okay maybe it was a just a big spider , it was suspended over leo`s head when the rope snapped it was
going to fall on him.

13 years ago

ooohhh , didn't remember that, will def have to look out the dvd lol

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@quark I know what tarantulas are; I just don't remember seeing one in TP.

@merlin Do you remember what episode it was?

13 years ago
quark
guru

@devaasha

That's why I ended my explanation with

"lol"

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@devaasha. the last one leo has a tarantula suspended over him the rope is about to give way.
:)

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@merlin11 I'll have to take your word for it. Did a bit of scanning and couldn't find the scene. That last episode is so intense, and I've just recently watched the whole series (and movie) so I'm not up to watching it all again. But, I'm sure, in a few months or so I'll be able to watch with a fresh eye. :)

13 years ago
merlin11
expert

@devaasha
its a very short scene but like a lot of them it stayed with me, partly cause i liked leo (at times) and i dont like spiders.
:)

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@merlin11 I really hated Leo and am indifferent to spiders. But, you're right, there are scenes in TP's that sort of sear themselves into your brain -- like most of the ones with Bob, for example :)

13 years ago

bob is so creepy i think the one that stuck with me was when he was hiding behind the couch and laura's mum didn'y know he was there. It sounds silly but it was actually quite frightening, made you want to check under the bed and in the wardrobe before going to sleep lol

13 years ago
devaasha
pro

@windsorboyd I think she did, finally, see him and, of course screamed but yes, that's one of those. Funny, I looked up the actor and some trivia bits and it turns out he was a stage worker (behind the cameras). His reflection was caught in a mirror during a shoot and Lynch was so impressed by his look that he hired him on the spot to play Bob. Also interesting is that he didn't do any other in front of the camera stuff. Unfortunately, he died young. His name was Frank Silva if you want to look him up on IMDB.

13 years ago
crawen
guru

The scene windsorboyd is referring to had a similar effect on my friend when she saw it when it aired the first time.
I'm sure there are others :D the casting choice and the scene itself was a brilliant move.
I watched season 1 again recently,and that scene is still creepy,
Just his face alone shot in kind of a reversed dutch angle.
Love it

12 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.