TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Any Windows Move Maker Experts?
prich09
regular
Any Windows Move Maker Experts?

hi i enjoy making music videos with the episodes i download as well as watching them. however when i use episodes from torrent in divx format the preview screen is black when i go to look at what ive done so far. i have the divx codex which allows me to use divx videos on wmm however i encounter this problem. i know this may be a long shot but if any1 new it would be much appreciated

13 years ago
Comments
toh
expert

From Microsoft website
"After importing the AVI or DiVX video file into Windows Movie Maker, add it to the storyboard/timeline without editing the video, and then save the movie as a WMV file by using the Save Movie Wizard in Windows Movie Maker. You can then import the resulting WMV file into Windows Movie Maker and edit the file."

13 years ago
prich09
regular

hmm tht mite work toh im gona try tht soon thanks :D any other ideas are welcome

13 years ago
prich09
regular

that way is quite good the only problem is the fact itll take like 300 mins to save. if there is no other ideas ill do it 2morrow

13 years ago
toh
expert

I am shure you find Adobe Premiere much better to use.
But it needs some knowledge. I also start on Movie maker and did good things on it, but in Adobe it is much easy(after some practice).
You can check my vids if you want :) it is not TV related, just some home stuff. And I would like to see yours!
mine:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=tohtorrent

13 years ago
prich09
regular

ok ill check them out once i have ill post mine lol. most of mine are doctor who related though there is some life on marks ones and co

13 years ago
prich09
regular

hey nice channel. heres mine http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=prich0906

excuse the background lol im a massive fan ogf billie piper. all my videos are in the videos section and are mostly fan made music videos

13 years ago
prich09
regular

btw adobe premier costs money doesnt it? also does adobe premier accept divx videos? and also does it run smoothly and not crash.

13 years ago
toh
expert

yeah. a LOT of money. but there is always a way around :))

it accept divx but probably it will be freezy.
But with AVI files from my camera and DV files from professional cameras it is flying.
And it rarly crashes. Movie maker was pain in the ass for me, specially when i make my last movie on it.(many photo/video files, effects) I make movie and swear not to use Movie maker anymore :))
So if you will make more and more complex movies, you'll reach the boiling point someday :))

13 years ago
prich09
regular

ok right thanks for the help ill get battling with wmm again

13 years ago
prich09
regular

while were on the subject off wmm i thought i should add the xp version does tend to ennoy you even though its a simple software. however i have tried the vista version b4 and that seems to runs smoothly

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.