TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Does any one uses Ares here?
notv
expert
Does any one uses Ares here?

Just asking because before i knew about this site i had ares installed and now when i download a torrent file downloads from ares combine with torrent and it downloads faster than with utorrent and etc programs.

Just wondering if ppl knew that it download faster thats all. =P

13 years ago
Comments
notv
expert

is the user online count working right there seems no one is connected yes it says Users Online: 1,592

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

yes it does..

13 years ago
notv
expert

ok... avatars creeps me out

13 years ago
lorac322
regular

what do you mean combine a torrent file download from ares with torrent, if you don't mind clarifying, i would love to be able to download faster, thanx

13 years ago
notv
expert

well simple installed ares to your computer find the link from torrent you want to download and it will download using torrent info combine with ares and at least to me downloads faster than utorrent.

13 years ago
notv
expert

i read some ppl having problems with eureka se2 ep 13 i download it using ares ill upload it later

13 years ago
notv
expert

Dont read major EUREKA SPOILER!!!!

man the ending of eureka was sad :( why did they had to take henry

13 years ago
thetrekhippy

I do not use Ares, it sounds like a sort of 'WinMX' style program to me. Is that right? Anyway, now that I know people here use it I will include links to it and help links for it in the Links thread.

13 years ago
illestdomer2005
regular

I have Ares and still occassionally use it but rarely. It's good for finding single files or somewhat "rarer" stuff. I never got into eMule or whatever. For me it went, Napster, AudioGalaxy, Limewire, Ares. I had been using Ares for a while until I was introduced to the wild world of torrents :)

Ares doesn't do anything "magical"...it might just be the fact that it grabs a dedicated port that's easier to reach? Just a torrent client that also searches for files on the P2P network.

13 years ago
glyutlin
junior

I use Utorrent and i love it!!!!

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

You can find tv shows / movies in Ares but there may be spyware/adware/virus in there.. Not safe

13 years ago
baretryst
pro

I used Ares about 4 years ago as a beta-tester. I much prefer soulseeker clients and torrents (as they are much safer) If you feel you must download Ares make sure you get it straight from the source.

13 years ago
baretryst
pro

Also shouldn't this question be in the "download" section of the forum???

13 years ago
mrslooney200
junior

I have Ares and uTorrent, but my Ares won't actually download torrent files. If I try to use it to download these files, it says "connecting" for a while and then "searching" but never starts actually downloading.

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.