TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Only 1 in 80?
quark
guru
Only 1 in 80?

I see that the registered user count is now over 84000.
But the impression I get by point ranking is that only about 1000 - 1500 have stayed to be active members.
(approx.70 points puts you in the top 1000)
Does this really mean that 83000 have joined and then almost immediately fallen by the wayside?
Or is the site being used by many just to find torrents?

13 years ago
Comments
thetrekhippy

Well, alot of newbies and a 'few' {i hope} plain old leechers, but alot of newbies will accidentally open more than one account and forget one or something..other than that I don't know, But it might get a better answer from Ask a Mod or Site Request threads?

13 years ago
jiji87
expert

When I first discovered this place I didn't even register, I just downloaded what I wanted. And then I had to register to download so I did. But i didn't really notice that there was a forum and I only rated a couple of shows and left a review for one. I just started being active a couple of days ago.

13 years ago
joker
guru

Perhaps it should be required for Downloading that everyone be signed in?

Just a thought, dont know if thats a good idea?

Don't know if that is possible?

Don'tsee how it could cause server overload or anything if they are already just coming to the site and DLing anyways.

13 years ago
jiji87
expert

I thought that's how it is now. because when I'm not signed in, whenever I click on the download link it takes me to the log in page.

13 years ago
joker
guru

Just Checked. Signed out. Went to TV Shows. Searched Eureka. and was able to DL.

13 years ago
mosh
junior

JOKER SAID:
===========
Perhaps it should be required for Downloading that everyone be signed in?
Just a thought, dont know if thats a good idea?
Don't know if that is possible?
Don'tsee how it could cause server overload or anything if they are already just coming to the site and DLing anyways.
===============

For exemple, when i use my KTorrent Browser i can't download unless i AM signed in but if i user Mozilla i can download just fine without loging in.

But what about downloads beeing legal and all without login but to be able to download there should be somekind of share ratio that if you had not Xshare ratio you couldnt download [the file, not the torrent]?

I think its understandable since i can't explain it better.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

I'm not sure that signing in to download makes much of a difference. I'm almost certain that the server is recording your IP anyway whether you log in or not.

13 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

yes, I made it so you no longer have to signup to download as then we just get a bunch of accounts that don't help anything. soon I'll change the "Registered Users" on the home page to "Active Members"

yesterday we had about 25,000 people visit the site. many use it to find videos, torrents, tv listings, etc. but only a small percentage actually contribute by submitting or helping in the forum

13 years ago
windy281
regular

make it just registered users then be active be allowed the benefits like other torrent sites you may need an invite to get in.

13 years ago
jiji87
expert

how can I contribute other than posting in the forums and giving reviews?

13 years ago
notv
expert

well you can by giving suggestions to the mods uploading links and video helping ppl like me how has trouble with DL and stuff

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

nicely said notv

13 years ago
notv
expert

thanks

13 years ago

you can also add streams to Watch Videos and upload charcter pics to tv shows

13 years ago
hoorooblue
junior

Reviews are a valid contribution as they are useful to people who are window shopping for something new to watch..but the trick is to not create spoilers for people who love surprises on their favourite shows.

13 years ago
quark
guru

Very astute. spot on.
quark
Secretary of the Society for the Banning of Spoilers

13 years ago
kite
regular

I joined this morning, and I"m now ranked 499. Hmm.

13 years ago
quark
guru

Only 474 places to go to be sure to be allowed to upload!!!

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.