TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » HELP REALLY NEEDED
prich09
regular
HELP REALLY NEEDED

hi, here http://www.mininova.org/com/906177 someone called death734 says that to download a torrent from demonoid whilest the site is not working you have to make sure you have DHT and PEX enabled and it will download. could somone please tell me how to do this. thanks

13 years ago
Comments

@prich09 - do you use utorrent? If so under Preferences - Bittorrent you will find check boxes for DHT and Peer exchange, Chech them.

13 years ago

the previous comment will do it for all new downloads...if the torrent is already running, double click on the individual torrent in the download status window...a window will appear, at the bottom there are check boxes for DHT and Peer exchange, check them.

13 years ago
prich09
regular

no sorry im using the bittorrent one. sorry. is there a way to do it for bittorrent

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I'm not familiar with bittorrent, but their home page should be able to tell you in a FAQ section... DHT and peer exchange is enabled by default in uTorrent, so, if bittorrent client software has the ability to download / seed without a tracker, it will (most likely) be enabled by default, in other words, if you didn't do anything to "disable" it, you should be fine. Have you tried downloading to find out? Your tracker status may read "failed" but if your network connection is active and downloading, then you have the ability to do so without a tracker. A very basic tracker function is embedded (in uTorrent) that makes this possible...

13 years ago
prich09
regular

may i just take the time to thank you. i downloaded utorrent just so i could get this download and once id just worked out the basiccs of it i started downloading and it finshed it 6mins. WOW on the bitorrent client i could not even download it and if i could have it would have took longer than that. thank you one and all for this youve made my day :D

13 years ago

Glad it worked out for you. Welcome to our online community, enjoy!

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.