TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Demanoid Problems
prich09
regular
Demanoid Problems

i no this may not be the best place to post this but ive found i cant get onto demanoid lately because the page will not load is this a site issue?

13 years ago
Comments
dvdmad
junior

demanoid site is down it says on the web it been raided in canda but will set up again soon

13 years ago
prich09
regular

ok thanks for sharing. ive been trying to get on it for a couple of days and nothing. also some of the torrents on this site from demanoid dont do much because of it.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Here's the link for the article from TorrentFreak...

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-shut-down-by-cria-070925/

13 years ago
dna

Demonoid, the very popular torrent tracker, has allegedly been taken down by CRIA (Canadian Recording Industry Association) as users have noticed that both the tracker and the website have been down for more than 24 hours.

Although Demonoid and CRIA have yet to deny or confirm the reports it is definitely a possibility that Demonoid's new Canadian ISP shut the site down after being pressured by CRIA. Recently, the ISP said it would pull the plug on Demonoid if it received complaints.

This would be the second time in recent memory that Demonoid has had major downtime, the last time being when it was still based in the Netherlands. The Dutch anti-piracy group BREIN asked the web host Leaseweb to take Demonoid down and hand over the admin's personal information but Demonoid relocated to Canada before anything could come of it.

It seems likely now that Demonoid will have to relocate again, or stay offline and be another huge blow to the BitTorrent community.

BREIN however, has been emboldened by small victories and yesterday moved to shut down three more Leaseweb-hosted torrent trackers, Araditracker, BitHQ, and Peerportal which combined have tracked 10,000 torrents. BREIN also said the Leasweb had given up the personal details of all the admins even though the three sites left Leaseweb for hosting elsewhere in Europe.

Tim Kuik of BREIN said “we have the names and addresses of these administrators, so we can get to these people through our contacts abroad.”

BREIN says it intends to force the admins to compensate content owners for "lost revenue" and also to prevent the sites from ever opening again. Of course, the latter has failed, as two of the three sites are already back up and fully functional.

Private Trackers FTW!

13 years ago
prich09
regular

o i hope it comes back soon. theres someone on there that has uploaded the 2nd part of the sarah jane adventures episode Revenge of the slitheen. part 1 by the same person [MM] has been poted on this site but part 2 has not. all the other part 2s on this site at the moment are slow.

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

It's gona take a while for Demonoid to change servers to other country. I wonder why pirate bay dont get shut down? hmm

13 years ago
mosh
junior

damn.. they could wait just 2 more days :s before pulling the plug. Now i'm dl Weeds S02 @ 10kbs x|

btw, private trackers require payment or seeding?
'cause if its seeding, i wanna know one or two :) [i DO seed my downloads at least till 0.50 ratio, tho i don't know if that's enough]

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I think most would recommend a minimum of a 1:1 ratio, give back at least as much as you take...

13 years ago
mosh
junior

and... 1:1 is a 1.00ratio? (my torrent client is in that form and i don't know much of it)

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Yes, mosh, sorry about the confusion - based on your torrent client, I would say that 1.0 would reflect a one to one ratio, whereas .50 would indicated that you uploaded half of what you downloaded...

13 years ago
mosh
junior

ok! then i shall 1:1 you all! Thanks for explaining it to me.

13 years ago
joker
guru

One thing that is obvious with this Demonoid problem is that all Uploads should be spread out to as many torrent sites as possible. So they are still available some place.

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

so true joker seems they put all the eggs in one basket,
i was always told not a good thing to do and i agree.
and appears to be correct,a lot of people suffering now not getting what they want

13 years ago
joker
guru

Love this site.
but it would be a nice thing now to have a list of other site trackers so things could be spread around more when we do uploads or re-seeding.

13 years ago
mosh
junior

That would be a wise thing to do. I started spreading my anime right away after i read demonoid got busted, its not many thou.

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.