TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Desperate Houswives dl?
sorna
Desperate Houswives dl?

Hi every body,
I tried to download the 3ed season of Desperate Housewives; I followed all the 3 steps of downloading Btorrent and VLC and peerguardian. But still it doesn't work. I couldn't download the series not even an episode! Anybody can help? Any tip?

13 years ago
Comments
jszing
guru

ok... what client are you using? UTORRENT, BITTORNADO, ???

What is happening? Is the Torrent appearing on your client? Then check the Tracker Status. I will tell you how once we get information

13 years ago
sorna

Thanks.
I have Bittorent and Utorrent both. The windows of dl opens, there is the red line which doesn't change. And also the download and upload rates are all 0. Nothing moves.
Swarm/Tracker total peer: unknown
Torrent file/Tracker:seams a web-address and some backup addresses...
Everything is 0%

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Try again to download Using Utorrent. Sort of middle page on the very bottom line of UTorent, what do you see? Is it a Green Arrow or a Yellow Triangle?

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Sorry. Make that a green Check mark or Yellow Triangle

13 years ago
sorna

This time I am trying Utorrent:
Next to the name of Desperate housewives is an arrow in a red box. statue is 'downloadin' but Still no move.'General, Pieces, Peer,files, logger' are empty and just in 'speed' there are a red and a
green graph were moving from right to left and when reached to the end left, stopped moving. But none of the numbers of dl and ul moves. DHT: waiting to log in. I can see neither Green Arrow nor Yellow Triangle!

13 years ago
jszing
guru

ok.. You are not open for traffic.
You have to fix your ports to accept incoming traffic. You probably could upload but download,

13 years ago
jszing
guru

I will write up instructions and send them to you

13 years ago
sorna

Thank you. I am waiting for the instructions.

13 years ago
sorna

Hi again,
I hope you send me the instructions soon...

13 years ago
jszing
guru

I am almost finished. Incidently, have you ever had a Torrent download ok?

13 years ago
sorna

No. It is the first time that I want to download a Torrent!

13 years ago
jszing
guru

OK.... Open UTORRENT and go to to the bottom of the page.
On the very bottom bar you will see DHT: to the right of that should be a yellow Triangle. Scroll over it.
It should give a message. "Your ports are not open and No Incoming Connections. You may have a configuration problem. Click that little Triangle and it will open a Browser page. That's where you will start. Let me know if you get that far.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Bye the way. First make sure your Firewall (assuming you have one) is permitting UTORRENT to access the web.

13 years ago
sorna

There is no Yellow Triangle, but when I clicked on it, "Speed Guide" window opened. There is a bottom:'Test if port is forwarded', I opened it there is this message: "
Checking port 29814 on 193.190.253.144...

Error! Port 29814 does not appear to be open"

By the way, how should I check if my firewall permit Utorrent to access the web?

13 years ago
sorna

oops...I found my firewall..., it is "off"...and I also added Utorrent...but still there is no change!

13 years ago
jszing
guru

OK... but don't leave your firewall off.

Right... do that Test Again. There will be a link next to the RED Error MESSAGE. Click it and read what the page says. Let's do that first.

By the way. I assume you are not using a Router, and what is your operating system?

13 years ago
sorna

Difficult questions..I am not good in computer! I opened the link asking for "the program I am forwarding ports for...", what is it? There is a long list of programs, which one should I choose?
I do not know what is Router!!! So I can not say if I use it or not!
By my operating system,do you mean Windows or what? if it is so, my Window is XP version 2002!

13 years ago
jszing
guru

If you do not know what a router is, you aren't using one.

to start follow this link
http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Utor/Utorin
dex.htm

13 years ago
sorna

I opened this page already, but what should I choose? Which program? Utorrent doesn't exist there.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

here is a step by step guide to open a port using Windows XP. It looks complicated, but it isn't.
To manually open a port, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click My Network Places.
2. Under Network Tasks, click View Network Connections. (Or, right-click My Network Places on the desktop, and then click Properties.)
3. Right-click the connection that you use for the Internet, and then click Properties.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings.

Note If the Settings button is unavailable, ICF is not enabled on this connection, and you do not have to open any ports (because they are all already open).
5. Click Add to open a new port.
6. In the Description box, type a friendly name. For example, type File Sharing : Port 445.
7. In the Name or IP address of the computer hosting this service on your network box, type 127.0.0.1.

Note You can specify the IP address of an internal computer. But you typically will use 127.0.0.1.
8. In the External port and Internal port boxes, type the port number. Generally, this number is the same.
9. Click either TCP or UDP, and then click OK.
10. Repeat steps 1 through 9 for each port that you want to open.

13 years ago
sorna

Which one should I choose as my Router?

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Forget that page.. Use the instructions on how to Manually open a port

13 years ago
sorna

I managed till step 5, then there is just 2 empty places where I can enter name and port number. It doesn't accept 127.0.0.1 because of the dots in between. I put 445, it says that this number already exist! And everything is the same as before... :(

13 years ago
sorna

There is no place for External and Internal port numbers!!

13 years ago
sorna

OK. I made a mistake, now I found the Internal and External port numbers places. But still after having filled them with the numbers and also the port number of Desperate Housewives Utorrent, it says that teh port is not open! And it doesn't work!

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Are you sure you added Utorrent to your firewall? Besides, XP has a firewall too. If you have a seperate firewall program, it is safe to disable the XP firewall.

13 years ago
sorna

Yes I added Utorrent to my firewall. And I tried again but it says that it has already been added! I found the firewall in control panel and I made it disable too. But still it is the same as before...The port Number for this series is 29814? as it is written in the box where it says: Current port Number...I added it to my firewall! Still when I push the bottom to see if the port is open or not, it says that it is not open!!!

13 years ago
sorna

Maybe the IP address has a problem? Is it possible?

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Perhaps but not likely. Do you know if your IP Address blocks this type of thing? Not to worry though, if the IP address is ok, we will get it to work.

13 years ago
sorna

I don't know if my IP address blocks this type of thing! How should I know that?
And you know, I am very thankful for your helps. I hope we can get it to work!

13 years ago
sorna

Hi. Could you please help me again...still I can not download the series!

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.