TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » point system
n8ph8ts
pro
point system

the message on my profile says my points could be all over the place while you are changing the system,does that mean we could lose points when we are in the forum,or doing other things that gain points?????????

13 years ago
Comments

Dunno- but overnight i lost 99 pts, but still have the same rank...not that I really care about the whole points game.

13 years ago
jakewastaken
regular

I lost a lot more than 99, more like 500 or so....

13 years ago
mustaphaleak

Can I respectfully suggest that you all wait until
1. New points system is fully up & running.
2. See if your overall rank has changed.
3. Get on with talking TV and P2P, torrents etc.,

In my opinion this site is not for an egotrip

13 years ago
bigrich
guru

I have to say I have also lost loads of points, but I will get them back soon. I was a little shocked to see them go, But as the man said, lets get back to the talking about TV shows. I'm about to watch eureka and cant wait.

13 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

the main reason for the point loss is switching from getting points for each comment to only getting points for good votes on your comments.

I would have waited longer for more users to rate comments before switching over but I noticed more users starting to abuse the comments for points again.

you could end up with more points if enough users like your comments

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

didn't mean to course a stir about my question,i just thought it was a valid one.
i apologise if i have.

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

it's just that the points you gain,shows you are paticipateing in the site.

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

oh and btw "mustapha" i didnt like the refference to "ego trip"

13 years ago
jszing
guru

I Don't think he was insinuating that anyone here was on an ego trip. I understood it to mean that we are all here to share and talk TV and the points are really a secondary thing. I agree with that but it is only my opinion.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

There are a number of people who are making a great contribution to this site (and a few who are abusing the system to gain points). I think we should keep in mind, in order to make certain contributions, one has to acheive enough points (adding show descriptions, for example). Most of the character pictures (and, yes, some could use an overhaul), show title pictures, and show descriptions are here because users care about this site and want it to look great!

13 years ago
manedra
junior

i know that im a new person here and i really dont count but i thought it was all about the shows and the points really dont make a bit a differance....we are here cuz we like TV!!

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.