TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » oooookay! Now someone tell me?
mjcocoa
oooookay! Now someone tell me?

Why do you subscribe to this site? what do you get out of it? there must be something im missing here, cause i just wasted 3hrs of my time trying to figure out how to navigate this site. this site isn't user friendly AT ALL!!!??!!!

13 years ago
Comments
kolbinfo
guru

I view this site as a one-stop "shop" for TV show info, reviews, and a source to download TV torrents. It's still in the building stage, but I think it is user friendly because of the "clean" alpha list of shows, as well as a handy TV Listing link to see when "my" shows are on (and will be available to download).

13 years ago
mjcocoa

does it take long to download tv Show? if yes why?

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Some shows take a long time to download, if there are only a handful of downloaders / seeders. If the "health" indicator for a torrent file is not a shade of green, it may take a while.

Here are my stats, for comparison...
I have a highspeed DSL connection, run Windows XP and use uTorrent as my torrent client. It typically takes me 1 hour to download 1 hour (or 45min) of content... I generally run 156/75 kbs download / upload.

Have you downloaded torrents from other sites?

13 years ago
mjcocoa

im brand new to all this! your going way to fast for me. i don't even know what a torrent is! i tried downloading the first episode of lincoln heights and the "meter" said it would take 17hrs. when it started it downloaded fast, but when it got to the 5hr mark, it was taking forever! i use an apple iBook. is that why my downloads are so slow?

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I just looked at the Lincoln Heights page and it looks like there aren't enough active downloaders / seeders... As you are new at torrents, I just list here the things you'll need...

Torrent - this what the file you're downloading is referred to as. You are using bit torrent technology.

Torrent client - uTorrent is often recommened. Is that the torrent client you are using to download?

Video player software - you'll need a video player that can play the files once you download them. Check out VLC, their website should tell you if they are compatible with apple. www.videolan.org (the software is free).

Peer Guardian - I also recommend this software (also free) to help avoid detections of your peer-to-peer (P2P) activity.

You can go to the sitemap at this website (bottom of any page) and see more about what you'll need and the help section will also provide some answers.

Finally, once you have everything you need, I suggest you check out larger torrent sites like IsoHunt or MiniNova (no registration required). This process involves a learning curve...

13 years ago
angker
guru

mjcocoa..the speed of the download depends on:
1) Your broadband speed
2) Your PC
3) The health of the program ie; how many people are downloading and uploading - the more the faster it goes.

I'm only running on 1MB broadband line and my download for a normal tv series of 350MB will take me around 4-7hours depending on the speed I get.

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

angker is right i have a 2mb cable broadband..350mb download on here takes me about 1.45hrs...faster if more people connected

13 years ago
jszing
guru

MJCocoa: This site is very user friendly and so are we. If you have any questions, just fire away. There is also a "How Do I" section in the Downloads area. You can post any question and someone is bound to be by shortly to help you.

13 years ago
n8ph8ts
pro

BTW,,I USE "azureus" torrent client,,to watch i have a choice,i have windows so i use windows media player mostly,but here are others i use also.
1)nero show time
2)real player
3)vlc player you will nead this if you want to watch on "pc"..bin files...without haveing to extract the files

13 years ago
aussienickuss
regular

I use an Apple iBook myself with Azureus to download shows.

To play the files, I just use Quicktime, but you need to have downloaded and installed the DivX player to allow QT to play them. You can use VLC as well, but I find Quicktime just plays smoother on the old iBook and the latest version of QT lets you watch fullscreen.

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

This is the easiest tv sharing website dude..

13 years ago
kiefersgirl
expert

I was having trouble with the technical stuff but this site is a breeze!! Its fab and simple to use. Just pick your show and episode and click download. As long as you got the right programs on your computer to download them to it works fine.

13 years ago
lance
junior

I think all you guys/gals ROCK!!! It's awesome to see all the support. Chris has done an exceptional job with the site, and its cool to see everyone jump in and take ownership. It has gone from his site to everyone's community. Pretty cool to see a dream evolve.

13 years ago
jaaa

Does anyone knows how to remove some of my Favorite Characters?

13 years ago
pg9
regular

That's on the "To Do" list, admin's getting around to it, along with a lot of other changes.

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.