TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » WOW
jszing
guru
WOW

Unless I'm missing something here, this new format, although very pretty, is not doing what I think it should do. It seems we now have skim through 27 pages of information if we are looking for a show and I'm not sure all the shows are there. It needs a better search engine if this is going to be then new format. The Alpha list was a very easy way to find a show and it showed immediately if a show was listed or not. I think the new format is going to be a problem unless some additions are made to it. That's just my 2 cents anyway.

13 years ago
Comments
itcdr
Administrator

I added a poll at the bottom of that page so everyone can vote. it's been 10 minutes and so far 5 voted they like it better and 4 voted they didn't. keep in mind we also have a search page and list of all shows

http://sharetv.org/shows - lists top shows with pictures [changed]
http://sharetv.org/list - lists all shows A-Z
http://sharetv.org/search - search for a specific show

always open to suggestions. maybe something combining the old and new style will the best route.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

ok..whatever.

13 years ago
joker
guru

Put the A->Z list back where it was.

13 years ago
jessicah

does any1 have any torrents 4 hey arnold?

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Are you talking about Hey Arnold-The Movie? If so, I have that.

13 years ago
joker
guru

There are 3 posts running on this subject, which is good.
But I would like to point out something I was told a long time ago when learning to program in basic.
KISS: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
SINS: SIMPLE IS NOT STUPID

Not saying you are stupid but sometimes what seems like a brilliant idea is not.

The simpler soulution should always be looked for.

13 years ago
jessicah

nope,thanx tho :)

13 years ago
ipswich
pro

Just checked it out. Didn't vote though cause I'm of two minds about this. ;)
On the one hand hand I do like having a bit of info and a pic next to a show I've never heard of on the other hand the old way gave a good overview to quickly check if your show was here. The link to the list of shows in alphabetical order just shows too many which aren't really on the site. Maybe if you add some sort of sign there - like underlining or putting "(sharetv)" behind the name.
But that does make it more complicated. Guess I'll vote for the old system. :)

13 years ago
pax3
regular

The new format is very pretty.. but it's a pain!

I just want to get a specific show and I go like... ehr, is this show still beeing aired?... hum, I don't know... can it be considered recent? Well, I guess... ok, select this one.
(10 pages appear).... *#\!%\*

13 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

how about this?

http://sharetv.org/shows - will list all shows that have most of their data. pretty much like the old style

http://sharetv.org/cat/cartoons - the new format will be used for the category pages

http://sharetv.org/list - Complete list of shows. use this to find a new show to add to the site.

13 years ago

Sounds good to me

13 years ago
pax3
regular

Mr. Magoo, you did it again! : )

Nicely thought.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Better Idea Admin. I like that. And thanks for fixing the new fix.

13 years ago
jszing
guru

Bye the Way Junior, we can thank Admin. who works very very hard here and I think we can all agree that he created a really great site. This is more of a community atmosphere than just a site to download TV Torrents. Although we all know what K I S S means, I think we could have omitted the K I S S ing go straight to the S I N S. Please don't take offense, that's just my 2 cents.

13 years ago
ericbm
pro

I like that idea. I also like the original shows by networks. Could that be a link as well? Being that I am in Japan I lost track which shows are on which stations before. It was cool to see shows from other international networks. This will help foreigners as well.

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

I thought your new format was nice and clean looking , nothing more than something new to get use to. The search options were easy to deal with,made the site look more upmarket.

13 years ago
mustaphaleak

How about the listing as before but with an additional column indicating genre. Then link to that genre and use the new format within genre.

13 years ago
nogds9
guru

I see that admin has done something to that affect.He has the genre inthe above.

13 years ago
heiqal
regular

Add some more features to this site.. Simple website and loads fast.. Love it. :)

13 years ago
monash
junior

nice

13 years ago
angker
guru

The new format with the All shows in alphabetically and the ability to click on the different categories is perfect.

A suggestion that in the categories of eg Drama, you add in another All shows in alphabetical order. As some of the categoris have many pages it would be nice to have the pages available for us to click instead of clicking every page.

13 years ago
illestdomer2005
regular

Um, no Curb Your Enthusiasm?

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.