TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » Problem with distorted images or bad images
tetrical
pro
Problem with distorted images or bad images

I have noticed a lot of distorted images or bad images.
Is there a way we could re-submit an image for the characters of the show if the image is originally bad in quality or distorted?

I wouldn't mind helping with this current problem if you need any help.

13 years ago
Comments
jakewastaken
regular

I think the current gameplan is twofold: 1) allow people to report shitty images so we're all aware of them and 2) allow users to access a page with all their uploaded images so they can change them (since they are the only ones who can re-upload them right now).

13 years ago
wildearl
regular

This might be a good job for moderators or gurus to have the ability to override the images and replace them with different ones. While I agree some are not the best, I think it's better to have a not so hot image then none at all, and people are just drawing from the best sources they can find for things.

13 years ago
scorpion9003
regular

may admistrators make a section of the site for images only so than every one can upload images and so one character may have more than one image

13 years ago
jakewastaken
regular

Ooh I kind of like the idea that Gurus could override image submissions.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Distortion of character images is due to the automatic repositioning done by the sharetv site - if the original pic is not the exact same size proportion as designated by the sharetv site(most aren't), the uploaded image is then widened, shortened, or lengthened, creating that distorted effect.

13 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

I'm going to set it up so on each cast page (ie: http://sharetv.org/shows/family_guy/cast ) users can report bad images. then the original uploader, mod or guru can fix it.

kolbinfo is right on the distoration. to fix this use snipshot.com to crop your image first if it's not close to the same proportion.

13 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

I think this should fix this problem:

1) there is a new tab in your user profile '[Manage My Images]". it shows all the images you've uploaded. use this as a quick overview to see what images you should re-do

2) the image size has been changed to 85px x 85px. a 1 to 1 ratio, which should make it easier to crop an image and avoid distoration.

13 years ago
angker
guru

This "manage My images" tab is a great tool. It helps us to keep track of the images that we've uploaded. It is an awesome feature. It really helps out if you have submitted a substantial amount of images.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I can tell that the change to 85x85 pixels has eliminated some of the (widening) distortion of images that have already been uploaded, nice!

13 years ago
wildearl
regular

Great add with the manage my images, very helpful!

13 years ago
tetrical
pro

or maybe some people should create avatars or try to find avatars before uploading?

All the images I uploaded are avatars and the distortion of images are a bare minimum and it looks great too.

13 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

@tetrical
Thanks for adding the tip re: avatars, I'm assuming you found them at the network site for the TV show, or do you find them through another source?

It would be nice if those people who established all those initial points by uploading character images would take the time to re-do the ones that look bad (without waiting to hear from others, come on, you know who you are, ha!)... Much appreciation...

13 years ago
tetrical
pro

the avatars are mostly made by fans of the shows. For eg NCIS fans created a bunch of sites dedicated to images, wallpapers or avatars.

13 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.