TV Forum

TV Forum » General Discussion » New Features Added. What do you think?
itcdr
Administrator
New Features Added. What do you think?

I just added a box on each show page with the following:

* The day of the week the show airs
* Genre (what categories it falls into)
* Link to coorisponding subtitles
* Link to a preview video

Example: http://sharetv.org/shows/24

What do you think? Would this be helpful if I finished filling in all shows with this info?

14 years ago
Comments
pax3
regular

The video preview is a great idea! An image's worth a thousand words!

I think it could be quite troublesome to get a trailer for everyshow on the site, but it would be great.

Tough this site is simple is starting to get filled with great features.

One suggestion though: I think that if you include a couple more innovations things will start to get unnoticed due to the layout of the site. If you don't add some kind of logo in front of the subtitles link, or next to the video preview, there'll be a time when they're all blue lines that noone will notice.

I love simplicity - that's why Mininova is my favorite torrent site, but I guess that most people will miss those cool features if they don't stand out in the page.

For instance, when the subtitles feature was added I only noticed when I saw it mentioned on the forum, that's when I went back and I was like «oh yeah, that tiny blue line there..cool!»

14 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback. I agree.

I want to keep the site simple, but still have the features. If I can get someone to help with Graphic Design I think adding small icons next to certain links will help make thinks make sense at a glance.

You shouldn't have to stop and read carefully to see what there is. You should be able to just glance over a page and know your options.

14 years ago
siliticx
regular

I gotta say i love the minimalistic interfaces and this is 1 hell of a good one.

A cute little feature that could be added by show would be how long do the episodes usually last.
Ex : Family guy (20 minutes), 24(40 minutes)

Also, knowing how many seeds we are able to connect to per torrent could be sweet, thought not necessary.

How about a "Added X minutes/hours ago" for the latest episode could also be a cosmetic feature.

Overall i like the site, great job :)

14 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

1) I could add show length, but why is that important (usually just 20 or 40 minutes)?

2) If you click on the name of the episode you get more details on the torrent such as seeders/downloaders, file size, etc.

3) I am going to add "x minutes/hours ago" on this page [ http://sharetv.org/last ]

14 years ago
tetrical
pro

First off I TOTALLY LUV UR SITE!

1.IT HAS NO ADDS!! AND HOPEFULLY REMAINS THAT WAY...
2.NO POPUPS!!!
2.SIMPLE
3.VERY USER FRIENDLY
4.DOES NOT TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD
5.[I COULD GO ON FOREVER]

NO ADDS & NO POPUPS!! THAT IS AMAZINININNG!!!!

I LUV THE FACT THAT THIS SITE HAS A PREVIEW OF THE SERIES. THIS HELPS SO MUCH WHEN U DECIDE WHETHER U WOULD WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT OR NOT.

and thanks for linking my ncis preview vid from youtube. I really appreciate it =) and thanks to ur link shown on youtube, I found such a great site!

things u might want to include may be a blurb about the series.

If u need anything at all I would luv to help if i could so just mail me.

Cheers.

14 years ago
itcdr
Administrator

We can use all the help we can get.

1) The biggest thing we need is more seeders for the videos running on our tracker.

http://sharetv.org/live - realtime view of our torrents. Right now "Prison Break Season 1" has 130 downloaders, but only 4 seeders.

2) A lot of people have said how much they like the preview clips we have on each show. We still need clips for another 80 shows. If anyone wants to help find them, let me know.

14 years ago
gedmen
guru

I like the new 'view my sent messages' feature on our 'My Messages' page'

It is great to be able to see what messages you have sent especially if one forgets or needs to check if the message sent was correct

Thx itcdr

12 years ago
anna66

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

12 years ago

i did not now that was there ged, you must pay more attention than i do lol

12 years ago
ivanpinillos
regular

The new features are great.
However, whatever happened to user comments on show pages? And is there any way to watch the vids online from Japan?

12 years ago
quark
guru

@ivanpinillos

Q1. You now need to click on reviews at the bottom of the page.

You will see what has been entered by others and may add your own review.
Please remember a review is not just a comment, see guidelines.
Comments are posted in the Forum thread for the show. Use search to find a thread. If none exists for the show feel free to start one in the Shows Forum.

Q2. Yes use Hotspot shield or similar IP masking programme. There are a few threads which carry the information on this.

12 years ago
woogy
guru

thank you Administrator and how work with this good work

go on .

12 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.