TV Forum

TV Forum » Un-Related Chat Room » It's Time Again - Earthquake
iwatchtv
It's Time Again - Earthquake

Well, Southern California had another Earthquake 4.7 epicenter was in Westwood.

All is okay here in Tarzana but what a wake up (jolt) at about 6:25am Pacific time.

Hope all is okay with everyone else close by here at shareTV.

5 years ago
Comments

Glad you and your home are ok.
I experienced something akin to a quake once in Virginia, not known for earthquakes. A seasoned Californian would probably not even notice.
I was cooking, stirring something when for no reason, the stove just moved away from me about an inch and the immediately jumped back into position. It was the oddest feeling.

I think I would rather deal with hurricanes. Those can be seen coming, sometimes for days and one can take shelter or get away.

5 years ago
iwatchtv

starfishfl,

thank you for reading my post. Earthquakes really don't bother me that much since we do not have them that often. Southern California was due for one since it seems in the San Fernando Valley it occurs about every 20 years

The 1971 San Fernando earthquake (also known as the Sylmar earthquake) occurred in the early morning of February 9 in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains at the northern edge of the San Fernando Valley in southern California.

The Northridge earthquake was an earthquake that occurred on January 17, 1994, at 04:31 Pacific Standard Time and was centered in the north-central San Fernando Valley

Now another earthquake today as I said earlier. The news is now saying it was centered in Encino which is a lot closer to me then Westwood. It has become known as the "Shamrock Shake."

We had no after shocks today. Hope you had a good day.

5 years ago
imoforpcc

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

1 year ago
rahul51r

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

1 year ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.