TV Forum

TV Forum » Un-Related Chat Room » Closed
Closed

We have members from all over the world so I am curious what is your favorite beer.
For me it is a pale ale from Montreal Canada called Griffon.

8 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

james squire amber ale

crown larger

vb

all aussie beer's

8 years ago

@Romeo
We can get VB down here as an import, tried it, really good for a hot day :-)

8 years ago
thor

@romeo

Fosters Gold - Premium Australian Lager is heavily advertised here in the uk. Is it popular in Australia?

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

@thor

no never heard of that one before

8 years ago

We have fosters here, never seen fosters gold though

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

it's funny even thow fosters is australian very few aussies drink it

8 years ago

@Romeo
Same here many of our popular Canadian exports no one here really drinks.

8 years ago
hotbabe
pro

Coors Light here!

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

There are so many microbreweries popping up it just gives you so much of a choice it is a beer drinkers paradise

in melbourne alone there are over a 100 microbreweries

8 years ago

@Romeo, we have them all over here as well, and I brew my own, have a keg fridge so i can have 4 different choices on tap, great for beer drinking but not so much for my waist line

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

U.S. - Genesee
Canada - Molson, Old Style; Have yet to try Griffon

8 years ago

@ThePrisoner
If you can find it try it, but so many good little breweries, i love taking trips and trying all the local beers.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

The world's best beers

The best of the best

The very best of the world's beers have the awards to prove it. From international award ceremonies to local honours, experts across the globe have labelled some of the finest brews in the land. All you have to do is kick back and enjoy them.

HEF, Burleigh Brewing Co. (Australia)

Gold Coast brew, HEF, was a big winner at this year's Brewers Association Beer World Cup in the US. Despite being one of the most popular categories at the event, the South German-Style Hefeweizen/Hefeweissbier fought off stiff competition, beating 84 other entries to claim the gold.

Rodenbach Grand Cru, Palm Breweries (Belgium)

Winner of World's Best Ale at the 2011 World Beer Awards, Rodenbach Grand Cru is "wonderfully complex" Belgian beer bursting with tart, tangy flavours of fruit and smoked malt. In the same year, it was also voted World's Best Ale, World's Best Dark Ale, World's Best Old/Vintage Dark Ale, and Europe's Best Old/Vintage Dark Ale.

Hop Henge IPA, Deschutes Brewery (US)

US-brewed Deschutes Hop Henge has taken the title of World's Best Imperial IPA three times. This dense, fruity beer is described as "bold, yet balanced" and according to the brewers, it goes down especially well with a portion of fish and chips

Temptress, Holgate Brewhouse (Australia)

Beer-lover and brewing master, Joel Woolerson, describes this Victorian-brewed porter as "smooth as hell", and it seems he's not the only person who's a fan. Infused with rich Dutch cocoa and whole vanilla beans, this chocolatey malt was awarded a silver medal at the Australian International Beer Awards in 2009, and a a bronze in 2010.

Hop Hog, Feral Brewing Company (Australia)

A different take on the traditional-style India pale ale, Hop Hog is a "consistent American pale ale that has a crap load of flavour". If that glowing review wasn't enough of a reason to give it try, it also won gold medals at the 2009 and 2010 Australian International Beer Awards in the India Pale Ale category, and took the Andale trophy for Champion Ale in 2009.

Brooklyn Lager, Brooklyn Brewery (US)

Brooklyn Lager has been winning awards for years, starting with first place at the Great American Beer Tasting in 1989. Joel reckons this Vienna-style larger has a "lovely maltiness", making it a brew "you could drink for hours."

Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock, Kuhnhenn Brewing Company (US)

A long-running gold medal winner in the speciality category at the RateBeer Best awards, Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock is a fruity dessert-style beer with real raspberries and chocolately undertones. It's so fancy that the brewers recommend serving it in a flute glass

Glutenberg Rousse, Brasseurs Sans Gluten (Canada)

Brewed from buckwheat, millet, quinoa and chestnut, this French Canadian beer from Brasseurs Sans Gluten was awarded a gold medal at the 2012 Brewers Association Beer World Cup. Glutenberg Rousse is describes as red ale with aromas of ripe plums and caramel, and flavours of toasted bread and roasted chestnut.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

You guys need to get over to the UK if you want to experience the taste of real beer ;-)

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

The worst beer I ever had was a Pittsburgh brew called "Olde Frothingslosh" (not kidding). It had 2 naked fat chicks on the can and that alone was enough to put you off drinking the beer.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

@ged

don't tell me they still drink warm beer l'll be sick

@p6
but it made you drink faster
they should have designed the bottle so they got dressed as you drank

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

lol romeo

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

@romeo, it doesn't get hot enough over here to warm beer up, I've had your xxxx's & your Foster's & whatever else Oz has sent us over, trust me, they ain't a patch on the many varied beers we have over here and some of them have names a lot dodgier than @p6's "Olde Frothingslosh" lol

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

oooh...I like dodgy. Give us some name examples.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

foster's is brewed in singapore and great britain

no self respecting aussie (queensland excluded) would even contemplate drinking 4x think of dishwashing liquid or the stuff you soak your socks in and you might be getting close

west end is just as bad

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

LoL beer wars...

@p6 check these out, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/06/the-funniest-beer-names-o_n_779928
.html#slide=1547829

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

beer envy would be better

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

@ged - of the listed beers, Old Leghumper, Moose Drool, and Dog's Bollocks sound promising.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

@p6, just hope they taste better than they sound.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

tell me this

i like a malty beer and someone told me to try a kilkenny beer has anybody else got any recommendations for me to try

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Well its said that Scotch Ales are of a malty taste however, the Belgians do specialize in malty beers.

The Ales we drink over here you are unlikely to get in Aus unless they are exported and have an international reputation as with kilkenny.

I find the beers in the south taste fruitier than the beer from the north which is darker & drier tasting.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

name a few mate i want to but a few to try grand final day

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

English India Pale Ale(IPA), Naylors Velvet, Marston's Pedigree, Cain's Best Bitter, Old Leg Over, Thwaites Bitter.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

thank you

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

old leg over sounds good

8 years ago
tash845
guru

@p6

Those three beers that you listed ... such funny names. If I ordered any of those I would start craking up; no way could I keep a straight face!

8 years ago

Budweiser

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Old Peculiar is another...

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

ged - what's a real good UK beer that's I can readily get here in the states?

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

@p6

what kind do you like

are you a ale,stout,bitter or a malty guy

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

ale or lager

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

@p6, Stella is popular over here,Carlsberg & Carling are well known lagers, Newcastle Brown is a popular Ale, you've probably tried Guinness.

You could also mix lager with cordial for a refreshing drink on a hot day, Lime or Blackcurrant both mix well with lager as does lemonade to make a shandy,the same can be done with bitter.

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

Love Newcastle, but Guinness isn't really my cup of tea. Will have to try the others as I've seen them in local spirit shops.

8 years ago

@p6, sounds like you like a lot of the kinds of beer I like, I am from canada and whenever I head to the states I try and get in as much of the local beers as I can, I have to admit the microbreweries down there are doing quite well, some that I like are
Anchor Steam
Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA
Dragonmead Dragon Daze Hemp Ale
Mad Tom IPA
and a lot more
If you can find them there are a few from scotland, we get them around x-mas and they are traditional Scottish ales, they make an amazing Heather ale, elderberry and pine ale too.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Isn't it great how beer brings people from across the globe together lol, Beer drinkers of the world unite!

8 years ago

Sounds good to me!

I was also wondering if anyone brews there own as well as enjoys?

8 years ago

Sounds good to me!

I was also wondering if anyone brews there own as well as enjoys?

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

@ygagnon, I don't have the patience to brew my own ;o)

8 years ago

LOL @Gedmen
Takes time yes, but really not a lot of work, I have a pumpkin spice ale and a red ale going now, will be starting an Oktoberfest soon.

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

I had some Molson Canadian last night that's still brewing, if you know whatI mean.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

@p6 TMI lol

8 years ago

Yes I think really you just rent beer

8 years ago
theprisoner6
Employee

@yaganon - though I do know a fellow or two who have taken out full, life-time leases

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

LoL

8 years ago

@ThePrisoner

I think i have one of those actually.

8 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.