TV Forum

TV Forum » Ask a Mod » New Ideas???
blake
Employee
New Ideas???

I want ShareTV members to get more involved with the website. Contributing to show pages, talking on the forums, and uploading pictures. Do you have any ideas to get people excited about staying on the site?

8 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

have a shave

8 years ago
xbigdomx

I think competitions revolving around contributions to the site would be the best idea to get new members and also encourage the existing members to contribute more. Prizes could be as simple as virtual trophies on a section of your profile to make your profile stand out more.

8 years ago

I want to be a moderator here but I have to wait to get 300 points. But want new and exisiting members get more invovled is to contribute new threads in the forum. I think you should lower for putting pictures and information on shows and celebs to 200 points. I think that some of the things the moderators do in the movie section like the pictures and also in the tv section for new shows that you let them put up pictures. If you the moderatrors are concern maybe you show approve it or tell the person that put the information on that movie or tv show that they done something wrong. Trust me I want to be told. I cannot wait until I could put information on here. Also, like what @xbigdomx had to say.

8 years ago

I just thought of this now. In the scamble game, besides tv shows you should do movies and celeberity's. Also, if you want members to get involved then send them like a message to all members (new and old) to get involved. Also, you should have a newsletter for new things that are coming up in the site.

8 years ago
xbigdomx

@ rockyroadicecream you can contribute to show pages now and whatever you contribute does have to be approved by a moderator before it goes live on the site.

8 years ago

@xbingdomx
Oh thank you so much. I really do want to contribute. I do not mind about approval by a moderator. WooHoo, Cool, Fantastic, and so on for my excitement. :-):-):-)

8 years ago

Also in the scramble game. Instead of limit 6 points. You should give a point for every thing that they guess.

8 years ago
thor

With regard to the forum.

We get a lot of traffic each day but people are not finding their way to the forum. We need to have the discussion links to the show threads reinstated on the show pages. We also need the forum to be highlighted on the home page so visitors can see recent forum discussions and popular threads.

Another problem is the forum search which is not active. Users can't search for threads and instead have to manually search through a large list to find a particular thread. This is frustrating and tiresome so people will just go somewhere else to discuss their favourate shows.

I have to admit it really annoys me that there is no easy way to link to discussion threads and I have been a member for years and no my way around, imagine how a new member would feel.

7 years ago

I never thought of it that way about the forum. I agree with you @thor that you have to go thru this long list in the forum scrolling page by page. It is annoying. But I deal with it.

7 years ago
pkellkray
junior

Sooo I have a SUGGESTIONN but first I might post this as a thread if it doesnt get a reply soon but really like sharetv! i use it just about everyday because of its simplistic way to keep track of my shows, dont ever lose the simplicity please. I was wondering if the moderators/creators of the site(whom ever it may apply) have ever thought of adding on the option to keep track of what episode/season that a user is on. My girlfriend and I constantly find ourselves writing it down or having to read episode guides almost every time we come back to a show ha, only because we never watch more than an episode (sometimes 2 or 3 but rarely) at a time.Last thing , base alot of shows I am about to watch based off of the initial show info yes, but also im not going to watch a show that has failing ratings (most of the time, matter of opinion) is there a way you can add on the imdb's website rating or even another website that has plentiful amount of ratings for all the shows? However none of that is needed, just suggested! Keep up the good work hopefully the popularity continues to grow! wish it the best !! ;)

7 years ago

I think that is a good idea @pkellkray

7 years ago
blake
Employee

@pkellkray,

Those are some very good ideas. I will forward them to Chris(The Creator) and see if he can put them into motion. How do you feel about having forums on each show page? Meaning, every show has it's own page to talk and ask questions about anything related to the show?

7 years ago
bigdocfan
guru

At the moment, we can only upload one picture per episode but with some episodes, there are numerous images I wish I could upload.

Any chance of allowing more images like a episode gallery?

7 years ago

@blake

I am doing that right now. Asking questions about the show. Do you want me continue or do you want me to stop.

7 years ago

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

7 years ago
blake
Employee

@Rock

Keep asking questions.

-Blake

7 years ago
pkellkray
junior

@rock THANKSS i think soto :) lol i just re read that and i think i was reallly tired when i typed that up haha

7 years ago
pkellkray
junior

@blake I think that is a really good idea!, if they did that it would definitely have to be monitored for spoiler alerts, or there could be like a way to see what episode the user is on that show before reading there comment? lol idk like something we would have to type in before posting and if you want to read someone another users comment it will appear as a spoiler alert(if there is one) warning(plus what episode there on) and you can just click allow or deny. but then maybe they should limit the amount of selection on the forum link that got us here just because the less forums links the more people will have to have conversation together. or idk honestly, they should have a single forum for ideas for there site so when the creators get on everyone else has already brainstormed for them. I defff would think keeping track of episodes would help.

7 years ago
pkellkray
junior

@blake also I think if they got into linking this account with your google , facebook account and etc.. it being allowed to post updates or just simply view that the person uses this site to keep track they will get massive amounts of users quickly

7 years ago
thor

@blake
There used to be a discussion link on each of the show pages that linked to the related thread in the forum. They were removed when the site design was changed. At the time, they were removed temporarily, but it seems Chris hasn't gotten round to reinstaing them or maybe he has changed his mind about doing so. Either way I think they should be reinstated as soon as possible in order to generate more forum traffic. I think also that recent forum activity should be highlighted on the home page. I think the forum is overlooked and that if managed correctly it could help the site grow. It seems to me that at the moment members are logging in tracking their shows and then going else where to discuss them.

@pkellkray
Tomonitor threads in the manner you suggest would be too time consuming. Most users will begin a post with the words spoiler alert to warn other users of spoilers. Be aware that not all users do this and it is possible to encounter major spoilers.

7 years ago
pkellkray
junior

@thor
um ok? thanks i guess lol

7 years ago

@blake - thank you for letting me do so. I am loving the questions that I am asking. I do not know if you notice it or not.

7 years ago

You know what would be a great idea. Besides the way that the section of TV Shows are / is. It would be wonderful to have a list of al the moves from around the world. I know it sounds crazy but I notice in other websites.

7 years ago

It would be great to have a Movie Scramble and Celebrities Scramble like the TV Scramble.

7 years ago
doronsky
guru

having forums on each show page. id like that idea.

i have a idea

how about having a gold silver and bronze .virtual postcard from sharetv .
for contributor of the month .
and at the end of the year .
the one with the most postcards g/s/b wins a prize
say a a signed photo from the sharetv team .

7 years ago
thor

@Doronsky
@everyone

A new feature was added to the main show page a few weeks ago. If you click on Message Board it will bring up a list of forum threads related to that particular show. If you click on it and there are no threads listed, you can pop on over to the forum and start one.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

in the forum Categories get a games section just for all trivia and word games

7 years ago
elvispresleyfan
regular

I think that you give more time in the scramble game. The reason why is when I go in their it does not give you enough time to figure it out (it gives you seconds) or when you refresh it does not change at all.

7 years ago
doronsky
guru

take a look at http://www.jigsawplanet.com/

is there a way of having something like this on your game page
were you got to but the jigsaw together. to see what it is.??
for tv shows or stars .??
something like this would be cool

7 years ago
acustic
expert

Virtual rewards always seem to be encouraging to members of most communities.
One needs more motivation to do something and achievements and medals are something that offer satisfaction.

7 years ago
iwatchtv

Have it possible so we can edit are own postings. I have hit the "Add Comment" button and then realized I made a mistake and want to delete it. Say we have 2 minutes to edit/delete it before we cannot remove our own postings.

Example - this morning I posted a comment to a forum discussion and wanted to add a picture. Everything looked okay hit the button and got no picture just a bunch of computer garbage. I cannot remove it.

7 years ago
iwatchtv

To get new members involved move the following threads to games -

1. Movie Word Association with a Twist
2. Actress/Actor Word Association with a Twist
3. TV Show Association with a Twist
4. Yet Even More Word Association
5. Without the "E"
6. Yet Even More TV Association
7. Movie Word Association Continued
8. Actress/actor Word Association
9. Points Thread is Revived ---one more time!1

7 years ago
donny24
expert

I like the ideas of "iwatchtv", the ones that ends " with a twist". Also, it would be a good idea for members to contribute when other members write reviews as I do. I would like members who watch the shows I watch and review to at least agree or disagree with me, to comment in something I have forgotten, to express ideas of the show: this will make the review section more interesting and the site also.

7 years ago
popachat

1 year ago
thekingerr

8 months ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.