4x15 All His Angels
First Aired: Dec. 28, 2016 on History Channel
Summary: Ragnar and Ivar plot against the Saxons and reach a new level of understanding.
Ragnar Lothbrok: The gods are man's creation, to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves.
Ragnar Lothbrok: How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered.
Ragnar Lothbrok: It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast. Soon I shall be drinking ale from curved horns. This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death! I shall not enter Odin's hall with fear. There I shall wait for my sons to join me. And when they do, I will bask in their tales of triumph. The Aesir will welcome me! My death comes without apology! And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!
- Goof (factual errors): During the final 'snake pit' scene there are several Boa Constrictors visible in the pit however during the time the show is set there is no way anyone would have access to Central or South American snake species.
- Goof (continuity error): When Aella has Ragnar stand against a tree, he his held by two soldiers with two nooses around his neck. In order for Ragnar to speak, the nooses are taken off. In the next shot, they appear, then they vanish again.
- Goof (continuity error): When Ragnar in his cage is first presented to King Aelle, the stationary wagon's wheels change position from close-up to long shot, apparent by the two parallel beams on the outside face of each wheel.
- SPOILER: Real life Ragnar last words were "And my sons will avenge me".
- SPOILER: Michael Hirst wanted to kill Ragnar at the end of season 1, but seeing the good interpretation of Travis Fimmel and the public response to the character he decided to continue Ragnar's story.
- This was the only episode ever not to have a physical apperence of Gustav Skarsgaard.
- Travis Fimmel said this was a very difficult episode because of the climating conditions, it was very cold and sometimes raining on the set.