1x06 Cold Ground
First Aired: Oct. 12, 2008 on HBO
Summary: Numbed by tragedy, Sookie looks for refuge from the cacophony of her friends’ and neighbors’ inner voices. After lashing out at his sister and decking Andy, Jason wrestles with withdrawal symptoms from his V juice habit. Tara resists the overtures of her mother Lettie Mae (Adina…
Main Characters in this Episode
Tara Thornton: Well, I don't.
Sam Merlotte: Me either.
- Goof (continuity error): While Sookie is eating Adele's pie, the amount of pie she picks up with her fork does not match the amount on her fork from other angles.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the scene where Tara and Sam are in Tara's motel room, they are drinking Steam Whistle beer. This particular brand of beer is not sold anywhere outside of Ontario, Alberta and British Colombia, Canada. It is highly unlikely that Tara would have possession of this brand of beer in Louisiana.
- Goof (revealing mistake): The Capital "M"s in the "BON TEMPS CEMETERY" sign are installed backwards with the wide stroke to the left. On "M"s and "A"s the wide stroke should be to the right.
- Goof (incorrectly regarded as a mistake): On two occasions Bill enters Sookie's home without being invited inside. The first is when she has found her grandmother on the floor and he appears in the kitchen behind her. The second is when he rushes in, startling Tara and Laffayette downstairs. He is then found upstairs attempting to wake Sookie in her bed. In an earlier episode Bill clearly states he can not enter a human home without an invitation. However, this is consistent with standard vampire lore in that, once given permission, a vampire may enter one's home at any time until that permission is revoked. At the time of the two examples above, permission to enter the home had not been revoked.
- Goof (continuity error): When Sookie finds William's grave, the amount and placement of the dirt over the plaque changes between shots without her having made any movements that would alter its position.
- In the scene where Tara and Lafayette are cleaning up after the consolation party held at Sookie's house, Tara asks if she should check on Sookie sleeping upstairs, to which Lafayette replies "Trust me, that child is dead to the world right now." 'Dead to the World' is the title of the fourth installment of the Southern Vampire Mysteries written by Charlaine Harris, upon which "True Blood" is based.