This spin-off of the Tremor movies chronicles the town of Perfection, Nevada, which has a little problem with great big worms. The Graboids, and their offspring the Shriekers and Ass-Blasters, have overrun the valley but are on the government's protected species list...
- Michael Gross is the only actor to appear in all entries of the Tremors franchise both on film and television.
- Tyler refers to the shriekers as 'Jurassic Park wannabe bastards!' Tippett Studios not only created the CGI effects for the shriekers in Tremors II: Aftershocks but also worked on Jurassic Park in 1993.
- SPOILER: Was aired completely out of order on the Sci-Fi Channel in 2003. The 'Season Finale' was an episode called 'Night Of The Shriekers' which was actually the 2nd episode of the series. The 3rd episode 'Blast From The Past' (aired much further down the line on the Sci-Fi Channel) completed the then trilogy as Tremors 4: The Legend Begins was made in 2004 after the series cancellation a year earlier. The pilot features a graboid (Tremors), the 2nd episode features shriekers (Tremors II: Aftershocks) and the 3rd episode features an ass-blaster (Tremors 3: Back To Perfection). The Sci-Fi Channel wasn't happy with the season's original chronological order and aired episodes out of order on purpose to get better ratings.
- The abandoned mine is the same mine that appears in the prequel Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, where it is still in use.
- Larry: [to Cletus] Hey, you guys in the old lab, you ever do experiments with time travel. This is significant because Cletus is played by Christopher Lloyd who starred as the scientist in the "Back to the Future" film trilogy. Note Cletus' reaction to the words.
- Most of the sounds produced by 4-12 are taken from the Velociraptors from Jurassic Park.
- Tinsley Grimes takes over the role of Mindy Sterngood, played by Ariana Richards in Tremors and Tremors 3: Back to Perfection (2001) (V).
- Though aired last, this was intended to be the 2nd Episode of the series. The DVD puts the show in the correct running order however.
- At just under 39 minutes this is the shortest episode of the series.