3x30 The Return of Optimus Prime (2)
First Aired: Mar. 03, 1987 on Syndicated
Summary: Optimus Prime is back and leads a team to Charr to retrieve the ship alloy from Galvatron. Galvatron guides them to it's location, but they confront a couple dangers and must fend off infected Transformers. Optimus and SkyLynx are the only ones not infected and barely get away with the…
Main Characters in this Episode
Optimus Prime: That you are, Bumblebee! So from now, on that's exactly who you'll be, Goldbug.
Galvatron: Never Quintesson! This world is *ours*! Optimus Prime shall die again!
Galvatron: [surprised] What? What is this?
Optimus Prime: [awakens, opens his chest and removes and opens the Matrix] Now light our darkest hour!
Optimus Prime: Perhaps there does exist a source of wisdom powerful enough to destroy the spores, and save the galaxy. The accumulated wisdom that resides within the Matrix!
- Goof (plot holes): If the substance they coat Optimus Prime with is so resistant to external effects as the characters claim, how did they melt it into a liquid in the first place?
- Goof (revealing mistake): When the Autobots all drive off in the last scene, Kup is drawn backwards, making it look like he's driving in reverse.
- Goof (continuity error): As the Autobots are discussing all that has happened, Prime turns gray for a moment. By this time, his protective paint has either worn off, or he has been painted over with his true colors.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Galvatron states as a fact that Autobots, as a rule, cannot fly. While this rule has become accepted since then, in earlier episodes, Autobots were shown to be capable of flight.
- Scatman Crothers' final project before his death on November 22, 1986 at age 76.
- SPOILER: The song "The Touch" from the animated movie plays when Optimus Prime opens the Matrix