3x30 The Return of Optimus Prime (2)
First Aired: Mar. 03, 1987 on Syndicated
Summary: Optimus Prime is back and leads a team to Charr to retrieve the ship alloy from Galvatron. Galvatron guides them to it's location, but they confront a couple dangers and must fend off infected Transformers. Optimus and SkyLynx are the only ones not infected and barely get away with the…
Main Characters in this Episode
Optimus Prime: Not lost. We're all a little wiser now.
Hot Rod: But the Matrix is empty.
Optimus Prime: It's up to all of us to fill with the wisdom we accumulate from this day forward. AUTOBOTS... TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!
Galvatron: Never Quintesson! This world is OURS! OPTIMUS PRIME SHALL DIE AGAIN! [Lights start to come out of Optimus. Galvatron stops] What? What is this?
Optimus Prime: [Optimus awakens, opens his chest and removes the matrix and opens it] Now light our darkest hour!
Rodimus Prime: No one is innocent!
- Goof (plot holes): If the substance they coat Optimus Prime with is so resistant to external effects as the characters claim, how did they melt it into a liquid in the first place?
- Goof (continuity error): As the Autobots are discussing all that has happened, Prime turns gray for a moment. By this time, his protective paint has either worn off, or he has been painted over with his true colors.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When the Autobots all drive off in the last scene, Kup is drawn backwards, making it look like he's driving in reverse.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Galvatron states as a fact that Autobots, as a rule, cannot fly. While this rule has become accepted since then, in earlier episodes, Autobots were shown to be capable of flight.
- Scatman Crothers' final project.