This series continues where Three's Company ended. Jack Tripper met Vicky Bradford and fell in love with her at first sight. In the last episode he proposed marriage but due to her parents' divorce, she doesn't believe or want, but is willing to live with him. Now Vicky's father who doesn't approve of Jack, buys his restaurant and constantly dropping in to disrupt their relationship.
- The series only lasted one season.
- The show was canceled to make room for Diff'rent Strokes, which was moving to ABC.
- Unlike "Three's a Crowd", the British spin-off version Robin's Nest (UK) was very successful.
- The production of this series caused tension on the set of Three's Company between John Ritter and the rest of the cast. The producers tried to keep it a secret from the rest of the cast. But they eventually found out and were disappointed that the series would essentially continue without them.
- Don Knotts was offered a recurring role but turned it down. Suzanne Somers lobbied to reprise her role as Chrissy but was turned down.
- The series originally planned to star Richard Kline reprising his role of Larry from Three's Company. Kline was then offered a recurring role in the series which he turned down.
- Richard Kline appeared as his character, "Larry Dallas", from Three's Company, in which he became very popular.
- The only guest appearance on "Three's A Crowd" from a former member of "Three's Company".
- Last show of the series.