2x12 Port in a Storm
First Aired: Aug. 24, 2003 on HBO
Summary: Nick crimes finally catch up with his enemies. He then decides it's time to tell to cooperate with the police after what happened to his uncle. Meanwhile, McNulty and Greggs visit their old stomping grounds and soon discover some important information on their case and Stringer visits Avon…
Main Characters in this Episode
The Greek: Business, always business.
The Greek: And, of course, I'm not even Greek.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Frank Sobotka's body was pulled out of the river, he had been stabbed a number of times and his throat had been slashed, meaning that he ultimately bled to death. Were that so, his skin pallor should have been virtually sheet white, but both his upper torso and particularly his face were still a very rosy pink.
- This final episode in the season has 91 scenes in it and runs just slightly over an hour.
- On the DVD boxset, the commentary for the final episode of the season is provided by co-producer Karen L. Thorson who talks about the contributions made by producer Robert F. Colesberry. As well as being a work colleague, Thorson also happens to be Colesberry's widow. Also discussing the episode is Thom Zimny who talks about the work on the episode by editor Geraldine Peroni. Zimny became the show's lead editor after Peroni's suicide.
- Phrase said by Major Valchek when looking at the picture of a van stolen by Sobotka, 'Spoczywaj w pokoju' means 'Rest in peace' in Polish.
- Directed by the show's producer Robert F. Colesberry, this proved to be his last piece of work as he died of a coronary shortly afterwards.
- SPOILER: Chris Bauer is still credited in the main title sequence, although he only appears as Sobotka's body in two scenes.