In chronicling a multi-generational family business dealing illegal drugs and the efforts of the Baltimore police to curb their trade, this series draws parallels between these organizations and the men and women on either side of the battle.
Last Episode05x10 -30- Aired: Mar. 09, 2008
A damaging report by Pearlman and Daniels gets a reaction from Carcetti, while Haynes finds little support for his concerns about a reporters …
- Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty
- Omar Little
- Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs
- Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland
- Det. Lester Freamon
Series Fun Facts
- To prepare for the role of Omar, Michael Kenneth Williams was told to familiarise himself with two classic westerns - The Wild Bunch and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
- The producers wanted to keep a documentary-type atmosphere. Therefore, aside from the ending montage at the end of each season and a few exceptions, no musical score is used in the series.…
[show]The producers wanted to keep a documentary-type atmosphere. Therefore, aside from the ending montage at the end of each season and a few exceptions, no musical score is used in the series. The music had to be coming from a stereo, boombox, etc. i.e. it had to be literally part of the scene.
- The character of 'Bunk' Moreland is based on real-life Baltimore detective Oscar 'Rick'/'The Bunk' Requer. The real 'Bunk' also constantly chomped on a cigar.