In chronicling a multi-generational family business dealing illegal drugs and the efforts of the Baltimore police to curb their trade, this series draws parallels between these organizations and the men and women on either side of the battle.
Last Episode05x10 -30- Aired: Mar. 09, 2008
A damaging report by Pearlman and Daniels gets a reaction from Carcetti, while Haynes finds little support for his concerns about a reporters …
- Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty
- Omar Little
- Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs
- Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland
- Det. Lester Freamon
Series Fun Facts
- In most episodes, subpoenas are issued by "Larry W. Shipley, Clerk of the Circuit Court." Mr. Shipley is, in reality, the former Clerk for Baltimore's neighboring county, Carroll County.
- SPOILER: In an unusual move for a police series the officers almost never fire their guns. Only one police officer, Prez, ever fires his gun on the show and in all three cases it is a…
[show]SPOILER: In an unusual move for a police series the officers almost never fire their guns. Only one police officer, Prez, ever fires his gun on the show and in all three cases it is a mistake. The first time he accidentally shoots the squad room wall. The second time he drunkenly fires a shot into the air and then (compounding his gun mistakes) uses it to pistol whip a teenager, blinding him in one eye. The third time he mistakenly shoots an undercover cop.
- According to Lance Reddick, creator David Simon explained to him in great detail his character plot throughout the whole series when they were shooting the pilot.