In chronicling a multi-generational family business dealing illegal drugs and the efforts of the Baltimore police to curb their trade, this series draws parallels between these organizations and the men and women on either side of the battle.
Last Episode05x10 -30- Aired: Mar. 09, 2008
A damaging report by Pearlman and Daniels gets a reaction from Carcetti, while Haynes finds little support for his concerns about a reporters …
- Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty
- Omar Little
- Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs
- Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland
- Det. Lester Freamon
Series Fun Facts
- Jimmy McNulty was originally named Jimmy McArdle but because no one liked the name, executive producer Robert F. Colesberry suggested renaming him.
- In an online interview, David Simon stated that Ziggy is loosely based on a real stevedore named Pinkie Bannion whose antics have become a local legend around the docks. According to Simon,…
[show]In an online interview, David Simon stated that Ziggy is loosely based on a real stevedore named Pinkie Bannion whose antics have become a local legend around the docks. According to Simon, Bannion "used to take his duck to the bar and repeatedly expose 'pretty boy' and all else. As they said in Bawlmer about Pinkie: 'That boy ain't right.'"
- Prez's code-breaking ability, and the season 1 pager code itself, are based on the Melvin Williams case investigated by Harry Edgerton and Ed Burns.