4x08 Too Far Gone
First Aired: Dec. 01, 2013 on AMC
Summary: After things begin to calm at the prison, Rick and the group face imminent danger. With a handful of lies and deception, The Governor convinces his new cohorts to attack the prison. He is using Hershel and Michonne as leverage. After rounding up his group, the Governor leads a troop of cars…
Guest Stars[no credits found]
Mitch Dolgen: What we want is what you got. Period. Time for you to leave, asshole.
Rick Grimes: Look, I've fought him before. And after, we took in his old friends. They've become leaders in what we have here. Now you put down your weapons, walk through those gates... you're one of us. We let go of all of it, and nobody dies. Everyone who's alive right now. Everyone's who's made it this far. We've all done the worst kinds of things just to stay alive. But we can still come back. We're not too far gone. We get to come back. I know... we all can change.
The Governor: Liar.
Maggie Greene: Yeah.
Glenn Rhee: You know, our anniversary is coming up.
Maggie Greene: It is?
Glenn Rhee: One of these days.
Maggie Greene: You've ever been to Amicalola Falls? Tallest waterfalls in Georgia.
Glenn Rhee: Mm-mmm.
Maggie Greene: My Dad took me there when I was little. When we were up there, all the way at the top looking down, I felt like I was flying.
Glenn Rhee: I'll go load up the station wagon.
- Goof (continuity error): When the Governor and Rick are talking before the final shootout,. Herschel and Michonne are on their knees in front of the fence, the close up shots show them about two feet from one another but the wide shots show them about six feet apart.
- Goof (continuity error): SPOILER: (at around 30 mins) When the Governor is first shot he grabs his arm and there is blood on his coat. In the next shot when he's running back with his hand on the wound there is no blood on his coat or his hand.
- Goof (continuity error): (at around 1 min) When the Governor is telling the camp he's going to take the prison, Hershel is setting the red plastic gas can down on the trailer. As the Governor hits Michonne in the face, there is a metal gas can behind the red one he just sat down that wasn't in the previous shot.
- Goof (revealing mistake): (at around 35 mins) When Sasha and Bob firing their weapons, Bob has barrel flash from firing the weapon but isn't pulling the trigger. Sasha pulled the trigger at one point but had no barrel flash. And neither of their guns mechanisms for ejecting spent shells are moving.
- Goof (continuity error): (at around 6 mins) When the Governor has Hershel and Michonne captive in the camper, he says, "You should eat, it's going to be a long day." He grabs a ration pack with his left hand out of his left coat pocket. But in the next shot he is giving Hershel the ration with his right hand.
- SPOILER: This is the last time Maggie ever saw Beth alive.
- The Governor becomes the third person to use Michonne's katana sword on screen in this episode. Merle previously used it in episode 3.15, "This Sorrowful Life," to dispatch a walker.
- SPOILER: This episode marks the last time that the Greene family is all together due to Hershel's death. The Greene sisters get separated when the prison falls and this is the last time they see each other.
- Clara, the woman from season 4 episode 1 30 days without an accident, can be seen as a walker walking thru the prison field near the end of the episode
- The highest rated episode in the series, as of January 2015.