4x08 Too Far Gone
First Aired: Dec. 01, 2013 on AMC
Summary: After things begin to calm at the prison, Rick and the group face imminent danger. With a handful of lies and deception, The Governor convinces his new cohorts to attack the prison. He is using Hershel and Michonne as leverage. After rounding up his group, the Governor leads a troop of cars…
Main Characters in this Episode
Mitch Dolgen: What we want is what you got. Period. Time for you to leave, asshole.
Rick Grimes: Look, I've fought him before. And after, we took in his old friends. They've become leaders in what we have here. Now you put down your weapons, walk through those gates... you're one of us. We let go of all of it, and nobody dies. Everyone who's alive right now. Everyone's who's made it this far. We've all done the worst kinds of things just to stay alive. But we can still come back. We're not too far gone. We get to come back. I know... we all can change.
The Governor: Liar.
The Governor: It isn't personal.
Hershel Greene: Than what is it?
The Governor: Michonne, I want you to know... Penny, my daughter, she was dead. I know that know. Now, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt anyone. I need the prison, that's it. There are people I need to keep alive. You two are gonna help me take it. No one needs to die.
Michonne: I'm gonna kill you.
The Governor: No, you won't.
Michonne: I'm gonna take my...
Hershel Greene: Stop it. You want the prison?
The Governor: Yeah. And I will take it as peacefully as I can.
Hershel Greene: Governor...
The Governor: Don't call me that.
Hershel Greene: Your people, our people, we can find away to live together. These people you need to keep alive, do you love them?
The Governor: You're a good man, Hershel. A better man than Rick.
Hershel Greene: Everything you said, the way you've said it, you've changed. So has Rick.
The Governor: The two of us will never be able to live together. Michonne and I, we'll never be able to live together.
Hershel Greene: We'll find a way.
The Governor: I found a way! I'm trying hard. There's all kinds of ways I could do this. This way, you get to live and I get to be...
Hershel Greene: You say you want to take this prison as peacefully as possible. That means you'd be willing to hurt people to get it. My daughters would be there. That's who you'd be hurting. If you understand what it's like to have a daughter, then how could you threaten to kill someone else's?
The Governor: Because they aren't mine.
- Goof (continuity error): SPOILER: (at around 30 mins) When the Governor is first shot he grabs his arm and there is blood on his coat. In the next shot when he's running back with his hand on the wound there is no blood on his coat or his hand.
- Goof (continuity error): When the Governor and Rick are talking before the final shootout,. Herschel and Michonne are on their knees in front of the fence, the close up shots show them about two feet from one another but the wide shots show them about six feet apart.
- Goof (continuity error): (at around 6 mins) When the Governor has Hershel and Michonne captive in the camper, he says, "You should eat, it's going to be a long day." He grabs a ration pack with his left hand out of his left coat pocket. But in the next shot he is giving Hershel the ration with his right hand.
- Goof (continuity error): (at around 1 min) When the Governor is telling the camp he's going to take the prison, Hershel is setting the red plastic gas can down on the trailer. As the Governor hits Michonne in the face, there is a metal gas can behind the red one he just sat down that wasn't in the previous shot.
- Goof (revealing mistake): (at around 35 mins) When Sasha and Bob firing their weapons, Bob has barrel flash from firing the weapon but isn't pulling the trigger. Sasha pulled the trigger at one point but had no barrel flash. And neither of their guns mechanisms for ejecting spent shells are moving.