First Aired: Feb. 12, 2012 on AMC
Summary: After the barn, there is much conflict among the survivors. Hershel wants Rick and his group to leave immediately though he only specifies Shane in the end. Shane accuses Rick to be just as delusional as Hershel, saying that Hershel knew about Sophia the whole time and hid her from the…
Main Characters in this Episode
Hershel Greene: Like you promised that little girl?
Rick Grimes: So what's your plan? Finish that bottle? Drink yourself to death and leave your girls alone?
Hershel Greene: Stop telling me how to care for my family, my farm. You people are like a plague! I do the Christian thing, give you shelter, and you destroyed it all!
Rick Grimes: The world was already in bad shape when we met.
Hershel Greene: And you take responsibility! You're supposed to be their leader!
Rick Grimes: Well, I'm here now, aren't I?
Hershel Greene: Yes. Yes. Yes, you are.
Rick Grimes: Now come on. Your girls need you now, more than ever.
Hershel Greene: I didn't want to believe you. You told me there was no cure, that these people were dead, not sick. I chose not to believe it. But when Shane shot Lou in the chest and she just kept coming, that's when I knew what an ass I've been. That Annette had been dead long ago and I was feeding a rotten corpse! That's when I knew there was no hope. And when that little girl came out of the barn, the look on your face - I knew you knew it too. Right? There is no hope. And you know it, like I do. Don't you? There is no hope for any of us.
Lori Grimes: I'm trying hard to prevent that.
Dale Horvath: You won't be able to. Oh, there are people in this camp who think that what Shane did was justified.
Lori Grimes: I know you two can't stand each other but he did something that needed to be done.
Dale Horvath: 'Cause he's dangerous.
Lori Grimes: Yeah, he's a hothead.
Dale Horvath: No Lori, he's dangerous. I think he killed Otis.
Lori Grimes: Otis was killed by walkers.
Dale Horvath: [testily] He knew how to handle walkers! Otis was the one who was putting 'em in the barn!
Lori Grimes: You need to be really clear with me right now, what are you saying?
Dale Horvath: I believe that-that Shane sacrificed Otis. I can't prove it but I-I-I-I think that he, I think that he shot him and left him for bait so that he could get away.
Lori Grimes: Shane may be a hothead but he's not a murderer. And-and-and-and why would he kill somebody that's trying to help?
Dale Horvath: I don't know, maybe he was pinned down. He said, he said it, he all but threw it in my face! I'm telling you, I-I knew guys like him, and sooner or later, he's gonna kill somebody else.
- Goof (continuity error): Rick's hands are on his pistol or at his sides in the bar, except when you see him in the mirror, when they are folded across his chest.
- Goof (continuity error): As Carol breaks free from Daryl after the barn massacre, Andrea turns her head and watches Carol over her shoulder. Moments later, Andrea is seen turning around and walking away from Dale's side. Moments after that, the same shot of Andrea looking over her shoulder at Carol is shown.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): After Maggie slaps Shane, a boom microphone and a huge light reflector are briefly reflected in the Greenes' front door when she opens it.
- Goof (continuity error): When Rick is talking with the guy behind the bar, his hand is on his hip near his pistol; in the reflection in the mirror, his hands are together in front of his crotch.
- Goof (continuity error): When Lori sees that she is about to hit a walker with the car she jerks the wheel to the right causing her to hit the walker with the front left (drivers side) side of the car. However, in the next frame you can see that windshield of her car is cracked on the right side (co-drivers side).