1x02 One Night at Mercy
First Aired: Sep. 18, 2002 on UPN
Summary: Dr. Jay Ferguson saves his first life, and is then assigned to a case in which a mysterious man claims that he is Death, the Grim Reaper of all living things. Jay is skeptical at first, as would be anybody else, but when Death claims that due to his depression he will change his ways, Jay…
Series Main Characters
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Death's book includes some names listed as full names and some as nicknames (see trivia), but it seems it should be completely one or the other, especially since Death refers to one casualty as Bill/Billy Breem so knows of the nickname but has it in his book as William Breem.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): SPOILER: Death has misspelled Dr. Jay Ferguson's name in his death book as "Dr. Jay Fergurson."
- Originally set to be the third, not the second, episode of the series since the two-part "The Lineman" was intended to be both the pilot and second episodes.
- According to the BP monitors, this episode takes place on July 23, 2002.
- Names in Death's book after William Breem include Mary Parker, Frank Lord, and Janet Seymour. Those in the final scene when the book is updated and shown again are Anita Matthew, Cathy Wright, and Patty Tacone.