6x13 Soprano Home Movies
First Aired: Apr. 08, 2007 on HBO
Summary: A gun dropped by Tony 2 years earlier has turned up in the hands of a teenager. While the local Jersey DA tries to make headlines by going after Tony, him and Carmela leave for the weekend to visit Bobby and Janice. While there Bobby makes a confession to Tony about something he has never…
Main Characters in this Episode
Tony Soprano: That's enough Janice!
Janice Soprano: [laughing] Mom's hair!
Tony Soprano: That didn't even happen! And anyway, it's not for public concern!
Carmela Soprano: What? Oh my God! What?
Janice Soprano: They were driving back from Manhattan, with Uncle June and his goomar. Oh! What was her name?
Tony Soprano: Your ass!
Janice Soprano: That's how we heard the story through her... [remembering] Rosemary. My father's driving, and she's ragging on his ass. You know how she gets. He's been drinking, I guess. And he takes out his gun!
Carmela Soprano: Oh my God!
Janice Soprano: BOOM!
Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri: Holy shit!
Janice Soprano: Fuckin' blew right through her beehive hairdo!
Carmela Soprano: [laughing] I can't believe you never told me that story!
Janice Soprano: Yeah! What's the big deal!
Tony Soprano: 'Cause it makes us look like a fuckin' dysfunctional family! [cursing] Jesus Christ!
Janice Soprano: My turn!
Tony Soprano: [to Carmela] And don't you ever tell the kids that about their grandfather!
Carmela Soprano: Of course not!
Carmela Soprano: No kidding. He wasn't Ellis Island, your grandfather?
Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri: Nah. Got mixed up in some shenanigans on the other side. Anti-government or somethin'. Had a police record... They oughta build a wall now though. I'm tellin' ya.
Carmela Soprano: Amen.
- Goof (revealing mistake): Tony is arrested at his front door. As the cop cuffs him, the camera gives a closeup of the handcuffs being hooked up. Tony's right is cuffed, then as the actor playing the cop goes to cuff Tony's left, he pushes the wrong side of the cuff against Tony's wrist. The camera cuts away and you hear the cuff ratchet closed but there is no way the cuff would have gone on.
- Goof (continuity error): The blood stains on, and the tear in the collar of Tony's shirt, change twice the two times Tony awakens after the fight.
- Goof (anachronisms): Towards the end of the show, Tony Soprano is watching "The Sopranos" home movie. This home movie is circa the 1960's. The vehicle that is shown in this home movie has the current yellow New Jersey license plate design which came into existence in the 1990's.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): When Tony and Bobby are sitting in the boat alone in the lake, the front of the camera crew's boat is visible for some seconds. In a subsequent shot there is no second boat near to them.
- Exteriors shot on Lake Oscawana in Putnam Valley, New York.
- The working title for the episode was "A Few Kind Words," which refers to something Tony's father used to say on his own birthday: he did not want presents, just a few kind words.
- Another working title for this episode was "Chew the Fat". Tony says he wants to spend his weekend doing this instead of visiting Bobby and Janice. This title was actually listed in some newspaper channel guides on the episode's airdate.