2x19 The Bionic Woman (1)
First Aired: Mar. 16, 1975 on ABC
Summary: While visiting his folks, Steve Austin learns that Jaime Sommers is in the area and tries to rekindle their love affair. After becoming engaged, Steve and Jamie go skydiving, which ends in tragedy when he parachute becomes entangled. Steve pleads with Oscar to help save her life the same…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Rudy Wells: Well I'll tell you what, why don't you just turn your back and whisper something? [indicates for Jaime, who is in a glass booth, to turn her back also]
Dr. Rudy Wells: Eh, part of a nursery rhyme, or anything.
Col. Steve Austin: Eh... Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
Jamie Sommers: And Rudy Wells and those bionic men put Jaime and Steve back together again. [giggles]
Jamie Sommers: Well I always sort of liked the way you looked, too.
Col. Steve Austin: Flattery will get you everywhere.
Jamie Sommers: Oh, I know.
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): The audible tones are much too high for the settings on the audiometer. For the "2000" setting, for example, the tone heard is well over 4000 hertz.
- Goof (factual errors): Contrary to what Dr. Wells tells Steve, 4000 hertz is definitely not too high a frequency for normal people to hear; it's merely in the mid-upper range of human hearing, like a fairly high "C" on a keyboard. Even "basic" or "bargain" audio graphic equalizers that have just a few separate frequency controls (like five or seven level-adjusters) often have an upper range of at least 16,000 hertz.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): For Steve's mission, Oscar briefs him to recover $20 bill printing plates stolen from the Denver Mint. The Mint only makes coins. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is responsible for printing paper money.
- Goof (continuity error): Jaime's parachute is yellow and blue with a red center panel. Yet in the shots of the lines getting tangled, the chute is plain white. Then when Jaime hits the ground, the chute is the original colorful fabric again.
- Goof (continuity error): When Steve and Jaime are readying themselves for their parachute-jump, the ground is only a few thousand feet away, yet just moments later when they are starting their fall from the plane, they are obviously at least a couple miles up.
- Originally broadcast as a two-part episode of The Six Million Dollar Man and released to video as a 100-minute movie in the 1980s.
- Lindsay Wagner took the part of Jaime Sommers as a birthday present for her sister, whose favorite show was The Six Million Dollar Man.
- The popular two-part episode "The Bionic Woman" featured two songs performed on the soundtrack by Lee Majors himself. These were the country song "Gotta Get Loose" and the ballad "Sweet Jamie", the latter of which was loosely based upon the Six Million Dollar Man theme music.