2x19 The Bionic Woman (1)
First Aired: Mar. 16, 1975 on ABC
Summary: While visiting his folks, Steve Austin learns that Jaime Sommers is in the area and tries to rekindle their love affair. After becoming engaged, Steve and Jamie go skydiving, which ends in tragedy when he parachute becomes entangled. Steve pleads with Oscar to help save her life the same…
Col. Steve Austin: Well sure.
Jamie Sommers: Oh, that's so great, because I have never been able to play it before.
Col. Steve Austin: Well there's no doubt about it, you're getting better.
Col. Steve Austin: [laughs] I figured we'd do a little honky-tonkin'.
Helen Elgin: [paying attention to something else] What dear?
Col. Steve Austin: What kind of cake is this? [tastes a bit with his finger]
Helen Elgin: Eh? Oh! [tries to stop him]
Col. Steve Austin: Ooh, gah, it's terrible!
Helen Elgin: [laughs] Of course it is, it's wallpaper paste.
Col. Steve Austin: It's not bad for wallpaper paste. [laughs]
- Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): The audible tones are much too high for the settings on the audiometer. For the "2000" setting, for example, the tone heard is well over 4000 hertz.
- Goof (factual errors): Contrary to what Dr. Wells tells Steve, 4000 hertz is definitely not too high a frequency for normal people to hear; it's merely in the mid-upper range of human hearing, like a fairly high "C" on a keyboard. Even "basic" or "bargain" audio graphic equalizers that have just a few separate frequency controls (like five or seven level-adjusters) often have an upper range of at least 16,000 hertz.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): For Steve's mission, Oscar briefs him to recover $20 bill printing plates stolen from the Denver Mint. The Mint only makes coins. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is responsible for printing paper money.
- Goof (continuity error): Jaime's parachute is yellow and blue with a red center panel. Yet in the shots of the lines getting tangled, the chute is plain white. Then when Jaime hits the ground, the chute is the original colorful fabric again.
- Goof (continuity error): At the end of their parachute-jump, Steve pulls his rip cord first. Jamie continues to fall below him for several more seconds before pulling her cord, which guarantees that she will reach the ground first. But a moment later we see Steve land first, and then looks up to watch Jamie's approach.
- Lindsay Wagner took the part of Jaime Sommers as a birthday present for her sister, whose favorite show was The Six Million Dollar Man.
- Dana Plato's first credited role.
- Originally broadcast as a two-part episode of The Six Million Dollar Man and released to video as a 100-minute movie in the 1980s.
- The popular two-part episode "The Bionic Woman" featured two songs performed on the soundtrack by Lee Majors himself. These were the country song "Gotta Get Loose" and the ballad "Sweet Jamie", the latter of which was loosely based upon the Six Million Dollar Man theme music.