Detective Inspector Gabriel (Chiwetel Ejiofor) has just returned to work after being shot on an undercover job; his partner was killed and Gabriel suffers amnesia with a bullet lodged in his head. He leads the police investigation of the murdered drug baron Harvey Wratten and finds himself in a race with the other side of the line, the drug dealers who want to know who killed their boss.
The Shadow Line Season 1 (2011)
|1x01 Episode One |
- DI Jonah Gabriel (Chiwetel Ejiofor) has just returned to work after being shot whilst on an undercover job. His partner was killed and Gabriel suffers from amnesia with a bullet ...
|May. 05, 2011|
|1x02 Episode Two |
- The driver of Wratten's car has been identified. Gabriel and Joseph Bede are both desperate to get to him first. But they find themselves in a three-horse race with a shadowy ...
|May. 12, 2011|
|1x03 Episode Three |
- Bede reluctantly finds himself in the driving seat of the drugs cartel. Meanwhile Gabriel continues to investigate the Wratten murder against his superior's instructions, and ...
|May. 19, 2011|
|1x04 Episode Four |
- Jay Wratten's insistence that Bob Harris is responsible for his uncle's murder causes problems for Bede's new business deal. Meanwhile Gabriel struggles to placate his ex-mistress. Gatehouse ...
|May. 26, 2011|
|1x05 Episode Five |
- Glick make what seems to be a fatal mistake when Gatehouse threatens his Grandchild. Gatehouse finally tracks Glickman down with consequences he was not expecting. Gabriel ...
|Jun. 02, 2011|
|1x06 Episode Six |
- Gabriel uncovers some dark truths about Counterpoint which implicate his colleagues. Glickman warns him that Gatehouse will hunt him down. Bede gets one step closer to finally ...
|Jun. 09, 2011|
|1x07 Episode Seven |
Khokar is forced to retire after Gabriel rumbles that he had Petra try and kill Gatehouse. Gabriel is summoned by the retired Commander Penney who tells him that Counterpoint was a ...
|Jun. 16, 2011|
Season 1 Characters[none added]
Season 1 Videos[none added]
Season 1 Quotes
|Season 1 / Episode 5: - Episode Five|
Peter Glickman: Controller. It's not just a name to you, is it? It's what you have to have, no matter what. But there must have been a while back there, after I disappeared, when even you thought you'd lost it.
Gatehouse: Knew I'd get it back.
Peter Glickman: And that's why you didn't kill me at the door, isn't it? Because getting it back is what you wanted me to see. How are you going to do it, James? I'm guessing not with a gun - far too noisy. But your own hands? You must be angry. And to think, if I hadn't left that phone signal, you wouldn't be here.
Gatehouse: But you did... and I am.
Peter Glickman: You followed the trail.
Gatehouse: The one you left.
Peter Glickman: But what if I knew you couldn't help but follow it? May I? [Glickman sits down, almost shivering with anticipation] The only person who could force my son into leaving a message on that phone was you. I knew that. And I knew that once I picked it up, you'd follow the signal. And because you thought you'd found it, it would never occur to you that... actually, you were being led. Because it's who you are, what you do. Control, at any cost. Any cost. Ironic, then, isn't it? That by coming all this way to get it back, you lost it all together. Human, after all.
|Season 1 / Episode 7: - Episode Seven|
Commander Penney: [Penney explains the purpose of Counterpoint to Jonah] We provide for the future - your future.
Jonah Gabriel: Harvey Wratten didn't get one, and he was one of yours.
Commander Penney: Gatehouse gave him an opportunity to retire. He didn't take it.
Jonah Gabriel: So you made him by putting him in jail?
Commander Penney: And then Glickman had this crisis of loyalty and told him about us, and Harvey threatened to tell everybody else unless we got him out. So, get him out we did.
Jonah Gabriel: So then you gave the money to Gatehouse?
Commander Penney: To buy drugs to give to Customs to get Harvey a Royal Pardon. And when he got it, I think we might have left it at that, everybody. It was so compromised. But Gatehouse decided to close Harvey's book. So that's what he did. And we've been cleaning up ever since.
Season 1 Trivia[none added]
» Back to The Shadow Line Wiki