The Love Boat is an American television series set on a cruise ship, which aired on the ABC Television Network from 1977 until 1986. It was part of ABC's Saturday night one-two punch along with Fantasy Island until that show ended in 1984. The original made-for-TV movie on which the show was based was itself based on a book, The Love Boats by Jeraldine Saunders, a real-life cruise director.
Last EpisodeTV Movie: Who Killed Maxwell Thorn? Aired: Feb. 27, 1987
A billionaire who secretly gave free cruises to six strangers is reported missing, and Ace suspects that one of the six murdered him; Emily searches …
- Captain Merrill Stubing
- Bartender Isaac Washington
- Yeoman-Purser Burl 'Gopher' …
- Vicki Stubing
- Doctor Adam Bricker
Series Fun Facts
- Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, and Ted Lange are the only actors to appear in every episode of the series.
- This series was based upon Jeraldine Saunders novel titled, "The Love Boats". She wrote the book from her personal observations while serving as a hostess on a cruise ship.
- Both Ted Lange and Teddy Wilson were in the TV series "That's My Mama".