The Love Boat is an American television series set on a cruise ship, which aired on the ABC Television Network from 1977 until 1986. It was part of ABC's Saturday night one-two punch along with Fantasy Island until that show ended in 1984. The original made-for-TV movie on which the show was based was itself based on a book, The Love Boats by Jeraldine Saunders, a real-life cruise director.
Last EpisodeTV Movie: Who Killed Maxwell Thorn? Aired: Feb. 27, 1987
A billionaire who secretly gave free cruises to six strangers is reported missing, and Ace suspects that one of the six murdered him; Emily searches …
- Captain Merrill Stubing
- Bartender Isaac Washington
- Yeoman-Purser Burl 'Gopher' …
- Vicki Stubing
- Doctor Adam Bricker
Series Fun Facts
- Aaron Spelling approached Dick Van Patten for his first choice to play that role of Capt. Merrill Stubing, when he was already doing "Eight Is Enough" (1977) at the time, hence, Van Patten…
[show]Aaron Spelling approached Dick Van Patten for his first choice to play that role of Capt. Merrill Stubing, when he was already doing "Eight Is Enough" (1977) at the time, hence, Van Patten was unavailable. The role was ultimately given to Gavin MacLeod.
- Both Ted Lange (Junior) and Teddy Wilson (Earl) were in the TV series "That's My Mama". They also played the Love Boat character Isaac, the bartender. Wilson in the movie and Lange on the series.
- Lauren Tewes was chosen over 100 actresses for the role of Julie McCoy.