7x15 The Locomotive Manipulation
First Aired: Feb. 06, 2014 on CBS
Summary: Love is in the air: Sheldon and Amy join Howard and Bernadette for a trip to wine country. And Leonard and Penny rush Raj's dog to the vet.
Raj Koothrappali: You do whatever it takes to save her life. If she needs any new organs I'll buy any dog necessary and scrap them for parts.
Yvette: I should have been a dentist.
- Goof (revealing mistake): In the vet's office, when Raj says his line about being Leonard and Penny's worst nightmare, Yvette can be seen biting her lip to keep from laughing.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): The locomotives used on the Napa Valley Wine Train were built by the American Locomotive Company, commonly abbreviated to "Alco." However, Amy calls the company "Alcoa."
- Title Reference: Sheldon feels that Amy is trying to manipulate him into romance while having dinner aboard a vintage train.
- SPOILER: First episode where Sheldon kisses Amy on the lips.
- This is the 150th episode of the series.
- Sheldon's question about the type of couplers shows how little he really knows about trains. Couplers of the type he describes have been outlawed since 1893 for safety reasons, and the cars are all-steel construction, indicating they were built around 1910 or later. Also, these coupler types (and the one Eric describes) all have different and distinct appearances, so a quick glance at the exterior of the cars would have clearly indicated what type they were.