First Aired: Sep. 20, 2005 on The WB
Summary: Sam and Dean head to Colorado to find the coordinates that their father left in his journal. There, they pose as park rangers to investigate the disappearance of campers. Following a group searching for a missing camper the two brothers soon learn they are dealing with a Wendigo, a creature…
Sam Winchester: Dean...
Dean Winchester: No you're not fine. You're like a powder keg man it's not like you. I'm supposed to be the belligerent one, remember?
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Upon arriving in Colorado, while the Winchester brothers are at the ranger station gathering information, Sam states that they are natural resource majors at UC-Boulder. The school is actually known as CU-Boulder.
- Goof (factual errors): The brothers use Anasazi symbols to fight the Wendigo in Colorado when the tribes were actually located in the Southwest. Dean says that Wendigo are typically found in the Northeast of the country (Minnesota) and he's never heard of one as far west as Colorado.
- Goof (continuity error): When Dean is introducing Sam and himself to Hailey, he says, "I'm Dean, and this is Sam." However, when she asks for ID, Dean shows her an ID with his photo and his name being Samuel Cole.
- Goof (errors in geography): They say this episode takes place in the area around Grand Junction, but the problem is that the geography of that area is all desert, not full of trees like they implied in the episode.
- Goof (continuity error): In the beginning, when Tommy is filming his message to Hailey, his dialogue says: "Hey, Hailey. Day 6. We're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry. Talk to you tomorrow." But when Hailey plays the recording for Dean and Sam, the message becomes: "Hey, Hailey. Day 6. We're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow."
- Sam's deceased girlfriend's full name is Jessica Lee Moore as seen on her tombstone in this episode.
- In the beginning two guys are playing a first person shooter video game against each other and one claiming the other is cheating. A reference to the pilot of Threat Matrix. Executive producer John Shiban was a writer for that show.
- The book Tommy is reading in the beginning is: "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell (III). In this book Campbell's unique perspectives examine the world's complex and interwoven mythology, folklore and religion, providing an understanding of the essence and genesis of humanness.
- One of the candles on Jessica's grave has "Virgen de Guadalupe" on it. This is based on an apparition of a brown-skinned Virgin Mary who appeared to future saint Juan Diego in 1531 and spoke in Nahuatl, the local language. She is also sometimes believed to be The Woman of the Apocalypse. That might be appropriate considering Sam's family background. The presence of this candle implies that Jessica could be Roman Catholic.
- Jessica's tombstone shows her birthday to be January 24th (1984). January 24th (1979) is also Dean's birthday.