First Aired: Sep. 20, 2005 on The WB
Summary: Sam and Dean head to Colorado to check out the coordinates that their father left them in his journal. When they arrive, they pose as park rangers to investigate the disappearance of three campers and soon discover that they're up against a Wendigo, a mythical creature from Native American…
Roy: Yeah, more than a little.
Dean Winchester: Uh huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?
Roy: Mostly buck, sometimes bear.
Dean Winchester: Tell me, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Upon arriving in Colorado, while the Winchester brothers are at the ranger station gathering information, Sam states that they are natural resource majors at UC-Boulder. The school is actually known as CU-Boulder.
- Goof (factual errors): It is stated several times that Grizzly Bears are the cause of several deaths in the area (in Colorado), and a picture of a large dead bear is shown in the Ranger's office. Grizzly Bears are not indigenous to Colorado, only American Black Bears are; a smaller, less vicious species of bear.
- Goof (factual errors): The brothers use Anasazi symbols to fight the Wendigo in Colorado when the tribes were actually located in the Southwest. Dean says that Wendigo are typically found in the Northeast of the country (Minnesota) and he's never heard of one as far west as Colorado.
- Goof (errors made by characters, possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Sam and Dean first introduce themselves to Hailey, Dean says his name is Dean but the name on his ID says Samuel Cole.
- Goof (continuity error): In the beginning, when Tommy is filming his message to Hailey, his dialogue says: "Hey, Hailey. Day 6. We're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry. Talk to you tomorrow." But when Hailey plays the recording for Dean and Sam, the message becomes: "Hey, Hailey. Day 6. We're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow."
- Callum Keith Rennie and Donnelly Rhodes also starred together in the Battlestar Galactica (2004) series.
- The book Tommy is reading in the beginning is: "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell (III). In this book Campbell's unique perspectives examine the world's complex and interwoven mythology, folklore and religion, providing an understanding of the essence and genesis of humanness.
- When discussing how wendigos came about, Ben refers to the Donner Party. The Donner Party was a group of pioneers headed west in a wagon train to California in the winter of 1846 who became trapped by an early snow storm while crossing the Sierra Nevada Mountains. They were stranded for four months and resorted to cannibalism to survive.
- This is Alden Ehrenreich first role.
- Callum Keith Rennie and Gina Holden both also starred in Harper's Island.