3x06 Death in a Different Place
First Aired: Oct. 15, 1977 on ABC
Summary: The intreptid Detective partners investigate when a colleague â€“ an old friend of Starsky's â€“ is found dead in a sleazy red-light district hotel, and are shocked to uncover that the married murdered Lieutenant was a closet homosexual with a history of gay relationships. But…
- Goof (boom mic visible): Shadow top right when Eddie Mayer reveals his ex-wife's nightmarish childhood to Starsky, Hutch, and Sgt. Sheila Peterson.
- [outside the laundromat after noticing Uncle Elmo's Adult Toy Store across the street] Hutch is referring to James Agee's Pulitzer Prize winning novel A Death in the Family when he says to Starsky, "you know what they say, you never can go home again".
- The opening of this episode was the same opening from the second episode,Nightmare, from season 2, Lisa that hutch mentioned was the mentally challenged lead character from that episode, including the Laundry scene. The did this once before, using an opening from a previous aired episode.
- Penelope Sudrow is Gwen Larson's daughter in the photo.
- The first 5 minutes of 'The Nightmare' (Season 2 Episode 11) is exactly the same as that of 'The Crying Child' (Season 3 Episode 7). They both start with Starsky looking for Uncle Elmo's toy store with Hutch, then getting a report of a robbery at a laundromat. Hutch gets Starsky's clothes, goes into the laundromat, and Starsky bursts in and they arrest the robbers. After that, the episodes go in different directions.