4x09 Kir'Shara (3)
First Aired: Dec. 03, 2004 on UPN
Watch Episode On:- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- Amazon Prime (subscription)
- CBS (subscription)
Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker III: Some of the crew're wondering if I'm doing the right thing. Can't say I blame 'em. I'm not so sure myself.
Vulcan Ambassador Soval: I have no doubt Captain Archer would pursue the same course of action.
Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker III: That's what I keep telling myself.
Commander T'Pol: I may have had disagreements with the High Command. But that doesn't mean I'm going to join a radical faction.
Captain Jonathan Archer: You signed up with Starfleet. A lot of Vulcans I have met consider *us* a radical faction.
- SPOILER: While it is not explicitly revealed that Talok is a Romulan, it is implied that Romulans and Vulcans share the same lineage when he tells V'Las that "the reunification of our people is only a matter of time."
- This is listed as one of the "Ten Essential Episodes" of Star Trek: Enterprise in the 2008 reference book "Star Trek 101" by Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdmann.
- This takes place in 2154.
- SPOILER: The revelation that the character of Major Talok was actually a Romulan disguised as Vulcan was actually a cost-saving measure. The Romulan that V'Las was to be revealed as conspiring at the end of the episode with was originally a separate character, however budget constraints left no more money to hire another actor for a speaking role. Writer Michael Sussman adjusted the scene, turning Talok into the Romulan spy, as the Major's role had already been budgeted for.