4x09 Kir'Shara (3)
First Aired: Dec. 03, 2004 on UPN
Watch Episode On:- Amazon (purchase)
- VUDU (purchase)
- CBS (subscription)
- Amazon Prime (subscription)
Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker III: To who?
Vulcan Ambassador Soval: The nebula.
- In terms of this episode's chronological (not production) order within the franchise, Talok is the first Romulan character to appear on-screen in Star Trek.
- SPOILER: While it is not explicitly revealed that Talok is a Romulan, it is implied that Romulans and Vulcans share the same lineage when he tells V'Las that "the reunification of our people is only a matter of time."
- Robert Foxworth (V'Las) previously played Admiral Leyton in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost".
- The Vulcan priest who extracts Surak's katra from Archer also performed T'Pol and Koss' wedding ceremony in "Home". He was portrayed by Jack Donner, better known for his role as Tal in TOS: "The Enterprise Incident". Donner's appearance in this episode makes for the longest time period between an actor's first and last appearances in a Star Trek television series (1968 and 2004).
- SPOILER: The final scene in which V'Las meets clandestinely with a Romulan operative almost didn't make it into the finished episode for budgetary reasons. Originally, the Romulan was to have been a new, never-before-seen character, but there was no money left in the budget to pay for another speaking role. Writer Mike Sussman adjusted the scene so that the Romulan became the character Talok, a Vulcan role that had already been cast. The re-use of a Romulan uniform from Star Trek Nemesis allowed the scene to be included in the finished episode. Had the scene been cut, as it very nearly was, the Romulans' role in the Vulcan Civil War would have remained completely hidden, even from the audience.