2x13 The Doomsday Project
First Aired: Dec. 03, 1994 on ABC
Summary: The Freedom Fighters are feeling good about their recent string of successes. With all of their groups united and set up across the world, they begin to prepare for their ultimate attack on Dr. Robotnik’s forces. However, when Dr. Robotnik starts his Doomsday Project earlier than…
Main Characters in this Episode
Dr. Robotnik: [grabbing Snively by his neck] Are you implying that the Hedgehog is a match for me, Snively?
Snively Robotnik: [gulping] Perish the thought, sir.
Dr. Robotnik: You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
- Lupe appears in this episode but does not speak.
- The red eyes at the end of this episode belong to Naugus from "The Void". Making this Naugus's unofficial second appearance in the series.
- Sally reveals that the Southern & Eastern Freedom Fighter's leader's names are Pollo and Dirk.
- In this episode, it wasn't clear which is Pollo and which is Dirk. However, according to "The Doomsday Project" storyboard/outline on Shout Factory's DVD: Pollo is the rhino and Dirk is the bear.
- Over the years there were rumors about the mysterious red eyes behind Snively in the elevator belong to Metal Sonic or Knuckles but this was proved false after the show's writer, Ben Hurst, revealed it was Naugus.