2x13 Running Zack
First Aired: Nov. 24, 1990 on NBC
Summary: When Zack fails a History assignment; he risks missing a big track meet against a rival high school as a result. Upon Miss Wentworth arranges for him to meet up with a tutor to help him learn more about Native American heritage. It is with the help of Chief Henry that Zack is able to ace…
Zack: My ancestors? Adam and Eve.
Screech: I didn't know Adam and Eve's last name was Morris.
Chief Henry: Yeah.
Zack: Hi I'm Zack Morris from Miss Wentworth's class.
Chief Henry: Oh, the kid who thinks he's part Indian. With that blond hair, you must be from some Malibu surfing tribe.
Chief Henry: Why can't Arabs get along with Israelis? And why can't I get along with my ex-wife?
- Goof (plot holes): Zack Morris supposedly discovers he is of Native American ancestry, but given his genetics and race that is highly unlikely if not impossible.
- Goof (revealing mistake): When Screech uses the toy tomahawk to slice Mrs. Wentworth's apple in half during Zack's presentation, you can tell that the apple had been pre-cut because the toy tomahawk was not actually sharp enough to cut it. Screech simply whacks it hard on the top and it falls into two perfectly even, pre-cut halves.
- Goof (plot holes): Jessie Spano says that she found out that her ancestors were slave-traders. "Spano" is an Italian surname and the Italians were not involved in slave trading nor involved in slavery in any way.
- Goof (plot holes): In the beginning of the episode Zack enters The Max supposedly having just come from a Track Meet where he was running. He is still wearing his track uniform and sweats so he hasn't showered yet but he appears perfectly clean with clean hair and without any perspiration on him or his clothes at all.
- In November of 2016, Mark-Paul Gosselaar changed his opinion of this episode. Originally his favorite of the series, he later called it insensitive to Native Americans and apologized for it.
- Slater calls Screech a "twink". "Twink" or "twinkie" is a gay slang term describing a young or young-looking gay man (in his late teens or early twenties) with a slender build, little or no body hair, and no facial hair.