8x01 Lock, Stock, Some Smoking Barrels and Burton Guster's Goblet of Fire
First Aired: Jan. 08, 2014 on USA
Summary: Gus attends a Harry Potter convention in London in the Season 8 opener.
- Goof (factual errors): The Interpol agents are shown as being regular policemen capable of making arrests. However, Interpol acts as an information clearing house and liaison between different countries; they do not have authority to arrest anyone.
- When Despereaux knocks out Ronnie Ives, Gus says to him "it's been emotional", Vinnie Jones who plays Ronnie Ives says this same line at the end of Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
- With this episode, Timothy Omundson becomes the only regular cast member (beside James Roday and Dulé Hill) to appear in every episode of the show.
- The final slow motion fight scene is a nod to the Guy Ritchie movies (Snatch, Lock Stock, etc.)
- At the end, Gus and Shawn bemoan the fact that they were so busy working on the case that they didn't get to see much of London and that they could have just as easily spent their time in British Columbia. This is an inside joke as that is where the show is filmed.
- Towards the end of the episode, in Despereaux's final scene, he can be seen handling the dagger/key from 'Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger.'