First Aired: Jun. 08, 2010 on FREEFORM
Summary: Rosewood is a perfect little town. So quiet and pristine, you'd never guess it holds so many secrets. Some of the ugliest ones belong to the prettiest girls in town -- Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily, four estranged friends whose darkest secrets are about to unravel.
Emily Fields: Emily: Not everyone dreams of making it in Rosewood, Mom. Some people dream of making it out.
Spencer Hastings: Well, you know what they say about hope, it breeds eternal misery.
- Goof (miscellaneous): Toby is listed as Toby Marshall in the credits.
- Goof (factual errors): The movers carry a chair into Maya's new home, passing the Elmhurst Real Estate "SOLD" sign. The phone number on the sign is "1-800-HOUSES", which is 1 letter/number too short to be an actual phone number.
- Sasha Pieterse, who plays Alison DiLaurentis, was only 12 years old when shooting the pilot.
- Alexis Denisof was originally cast as Byron Montgomery and appeared in the unaired pilot, but was replaced by Chad Lowe in April, 2010.
- Filmed in Vancouver in the winter even though the episode was set in the summer. Even though they were wearing bikinis, they had to wear boots as the camera shot from the belly button up.
- While shooting this episode in Vancouver Ashley Benson (Hannah Marin) suggested the song "Secret" by the pierces as the shows theme song, it was later approved due to the fact that most of the cast loved it.
- Ian Thomas was originally played by Carlo Marks in the pilot and then replaced by Ryan Merriman.