2x22 God Mode
First Aired: May. 09, 2013 on CBS
Summary: Reese and Finch team up with surprising allies in a race to save The Machine from Root and the mysterious international organization Decima, who have both re-emerged with dangerous agendas. As the POI team faces off against enemies old and new, the nature of Finch's relationship with former…
Harold Finch: It moved itself.
Special Counsel: But who controls it?
Harold Finch: As of now, it controls itself.
Special Counsel: The numbers, will they continue to come to us?
Harold Finch: That will be up to the machine.
Special Counsel: If they don't start up again, the country is defenseless.
Harold Finch: No, just less well-defended. I think we both understand that what's at stake here has moved beyond simply defending the country.
Special Counsel: Has it? You built the machine for us to use to protect people. We do, very well. Don't fight us. Help us recover it or rebuild it. You can dictate your terms. You have my word.
Harold Finch: You gave my friend your word. And you killed him.
Sameen Shaw: Okay, look, I already broke you out of jail tonight. I'm not springing you from the funny farm.
Lawrence Szilard: I have no idea what you're talking about. I have nothing to say.
Root: Your daughter, Christine. In LA, where you hid her. Such a shame if people running Northern Lights got a hold of her.
Harold Finch: Please, there's no need for that.
Harold Finch: I can tell you how it began. You were approached by a woman named Alicia Corwin.
Lawrence Szilard: She was killed last year.
Root: Such a tragedy.
Lawrence Szilard: All of my colleagues on that project died in suspicious circumstances in the past two years. As far as I know, I'm the last one alive.
Harold Finch: And you're the last person who can tell us about Northern Lights.
- Goof (anachronisms): (at around 30 mins) The date is placed at 2010 showing in slow motion a pan of the street. There is a Fiat 500 in America but the first import year of this car was the 2012 model over 1 year later.
- Goof (continuity error): When Finch and Root encounter Larry, Root runs to him regarding his daughter after he denies knowing about 'Northern Lights'. Finch loses his limp as he runs and follows Root.
- Goof (continuity error): When Shaw and Reese force the Lady Driver out of her car and before they crash off the overpass, the car is a W221 Mercedes S-Class. After the crash it is a W220 S-Class, an older model.
- Jonathan Nolan, executive producer and creator, and Greg Plageman, executive producer, is shown in the final scene of this episode as hospital orderlies.
- Actress Carrie Preston plays Grace Hendricks, the former fiancé of Harold Finch. In real life she is the wife of Michael Emerson who plays Harold Finch.