2x22 God Mode
First Aired: May. 09, 2013 on CBS
Summary: Reese and Finch team up with surprising allies in a race to save The Machine from Root and the mysterious international organization Decima, who have both re-emerged with dangerous agendas. As the POI team faces off against enemies old and new, the nature of Finch's relationship with former…
Sameen Shaw: And the whole "prevent the AI apocalypse thing"?
John Reese: You like a challenge, Shaw. We're the good guys, which means we have to do both.
Nathan Ingram: You've never trusted anyone. Not me, not the machine. Have you even told your fiancee your real name yet?
Harold Finch: ...I'm waiting for the right moment. Nathan, please, tell me what I can do to stop you.
Nathan Ingram: Give me back the irrelevant list. You could even help me.
Harold Finch: What, you and me sitting here, trying to rescue them one at a time?
Nathan Ingram: Someone's number's on that thing right now. It's gonna be erased at midnight. Maybe - maybe we can help them.
Harold Finch: I'm not trying to help them. I'm trying to help you.
Nathan Ingram: It won't work, I know. You locked me out. You were always the better engineer. But I do have one advantage over you. I am the face of IFT, which means when I call a reporter to meet me for coffee, he'll be there.
Harold Finch: What are you going to do, Nathan?
Nathan Ingram: I'm going to tell them what we did. What we built.
Harold Finch: No, you can't do that!
Nathan Ingram: Why? Because the government will shut it down? Because of the greater good? I'm sick of hearing it.
Harold Finch: No, it's not just that anymore. I've been looking into this. I think the government may be killing them. The engineers that Corwin had reassemble the machine after we shipped it off? There have been accidents, disappearances. The head of the project, a man named Lawrence Szilard, went missing last month.
Nathan Ingram: Harold, you have been running so long, it's rattled you. Alicia isn't going to have me bumped off.
Harold Finch: It might be out of her control.
- Goof (continuity error): When Finch and Root encounter Larry, Root runs to him regarding his daughter after he denies knowing about 'Northern Lights'. Finch loses his limp as he runs and follows Root.
- Goof (factual errors): At 30:38 the date is placed at 2010 showing in slow motion a pan of the street. There is a Fiat 500 in America but the first import year of this car was the 2012 model over 1 year later.
- Goof (anachronisms): In a 2010 flashback, a Fiat 500, not imported into the US until the 2012 model year, is clearly visible.
- Jonathan Nolan, executive producer and creator, and Greg Plageman, executive producer, is shown in the final scene of this episode as hospital orderlies.
- Actress Carrie Preston plays Grace Hendricks, the former fiancé of Harold Finch. In real life she is the wife of Michael Emerson who plays Harold Finch.