8x15 Mr. Monk and the End (Pt. 1)
First Aired: Nov. 27, 2009 on USA
Summary: While investigating the murder of a doctor who may be connected to Trudy's death 12 years ago, Monk soon discovers that his own life is in danger.
- Goof (continuity error): They talked about not having a recent photo of the killer, Kazerinski, but when they finally got one from his ex, a different one was up on the board at the police station.
- Goof (errors in geography): SPOILER ** Judge Rickover discusses having to commute to Sacramento due to his nomination to the California Supreme Court. This becomes an important plot point later as to why the judge would never sell his house (presumably located in the San Francisco Bay area). However, the California Supreme Court is actually located in San Francisco, CA. The judge would never have to move or commute to Sacramento for this job.
- Goof (continuity error): In episode #3.7, "Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month", MegaMart security guard/former SFPD office Joe Christie tells Sharona that he was there when Adrian got the call that Trudy had been murdered. Joe Christie was not in the scene in the finale episode, though he was accurate in saying Adrian was laughing when the call came - and it was the last time he ever laughed.
- Goof (anachronisms): During the flashback, in the first shot of the exterior of the nursing center, a Toyota Prius passes in front of the building. The Prius seen is a 2003 model car, yet the scene is set in 1997.
- Goof (factual errors): Judge Rickover mentions in Part II that he is a federal judge. There is also a mention of the fact that he is on the Court of Appeals. However, Captain Stottlemeyer has the judge sign off on a search warrant. First, a federal judge would not sign a search warrant for a local homicide investigation. A state judge would take that role. Second, a Court of Appeals judge, state or federal, would never be in a position to sign search warrants.