8x15 Mr. Monk and the End (Pt. 1)
First Aired: Nov. 27, 2009 on USA
Summary: While investigating the murder of a doctor who may be connected to Trudy's death 12 years ago, Monk soon discovers that his own life is in danger.
- Goof (anachronisms): During the flashback, in the first shot of the exterior of the nursing center, a Toyota Prius passes in front of the building. The Prius seen is a 2003 model car, yet the scene is set in 1997.
- Goof (errors in geography): SPOILER ** Judge Rickover discusses having to commute to Sacramento due to his nomination to the California Supreme Court. This becomes an important plot point later as to why the judge would never sell his house (presumably located in the San Francisco Bay area). However, the California Supreme Court is actually located in San Francisco, CA. The judge would never have to move or commute to Sacramento for this job.
- Goof (continuity error): In the flashback at the beginning of the episode, Trudy mentions that she is going to get medicine for Ambrose. Monk doesn't find this out until the Mr Monk and the Three Pies episode in 2004.
- Goof (continuity error): In the flashback at the beginning, Trudy mentions that she has a busy day including picking up medication for Ambrose. In episode #2.11, "Mr. Monk and the Three Pies", Ambrose reveals to Adrian that Trudy was out that day because he had asked her to pick up cough medicine. Adrian would have known if the events played out like in the flashback.
- Goof (factual errors): Judge Rickover mentions in Part II that he is a federal judge. There is also a mention of the fact that he is on the Court of Appeals. However, Captain Stottlemeyer has the judge sign off on a search warrant. First, a federal judge would not sign a search warrant for a local homicide investigation. A state judge would take that role. Second, a Court of Appeals judge, state or federal, would never be in a position to sign search warrants.