8x15 Mr. Monk and the End (Pt. 1)
First Aired: Nov. 27, 2009 on USA
Summary: While investigating the murder of a doctor who may be connected to Trudy's death 12 years ago, Monk soon discovers that his own life is in danger.
- Goof (anachronisms): During the flashback, in the first shot of the exterior of the nursing center, a Toyota Prius passes in front of the building. The Prius seen is a 2003 model car, yet the scene is set in 1997.
- Goof (factual errors): Judge Rickover mentions in Part II that he is a federal judge. There is also a mention of the fact that he is on the Court of Appeals. However, Captain Stottlemeyer has the judge sign off on a search warrant. First, a federal judge would not sign a search warrant for a local homicide investigation. A state judge would take that role. Second, a Court of Appeals judge, state or federal, would never be in a position to sign search warrants.
- Goof (continuity error): They talked about not having a recent photo of the killer, Kazerinski, but when they finally got one from his ex, a different one was up on the board at the police station.
- Goof (continuity error): In the flashback at the beginning of the episode, Trudy mentions that she is going to get medicine for Ambrose. Monk doesn't find this out until the Mr Monk and the Three Pies episode in 2004.
- Goof (plot holes): SPOILER: When they realize that Joe Kazarinsky poisoned Monk's stuff at the grocery store the doctor specifically says they will test "every item" on the receipt. Yet in the second half Natalie realizes that the wipes were poisoned. If she bought them at the grocery store why were they not tested? If they weren't purchased at the store when were they poisoned by Kazarinsky?