First Aired: Nov. 21, 1970 on CBS
Summary: The team must rescue biracial democracy leader Frederick Kolda from the repressive government. The IMF gets Kolda but one of their teammates is wounded and forced to take refuge in the city. The team must rescue their comrade before the authorities capture him.
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (continuity error): When Barney is in the secret room with Maryana, he asks her about her family and she writes on her slate. The overhead shot of her writing shows the words "All dead" on an otherwise freshly-cleaned slate, but in a side shot as she continues writing, the slate suddenly has evident chalk dust and the remains of words incompletely erased to allow for more writing.
- Goof (continuity error): During the chase scene, near the end, the interior shots of both cars show the passenger sitting in the middle of the seat right next to the driver with their right arms in front of them. The exterior shots have the passenger sitting next to the door with their right arms in the window and hands near the A pillar.
- Goof (continuity error): When the man is lifted to go down the chute, he is barefoot. At the bottom of the chute, he has shoes on.
- Voice artist Vic Perrin can be heard several times in this episode, including as the voice of the policeman with whom Chief Inspector Banco converses during the car chase near the end and as the voice of the helicopter pilot on the two occasions that he has dialogue.
- The map Jim Phelps uses to help plot the rescue of Barney is actually one of Edinburgh, Scotland, (UK). West Princes St. Gardens and Waverley Station are notable Edinburgh landmarks.