2x09 The Seal
First Aired: Nov. 05, 1967 on CBS
Summary: Industrialist J. Richard Taggart has "procured" the imperial seal of Kuala Rokat, and refuses to give it up even after the U.S. Government requests he do so. The IMF must steal the seal from Taggart's impenetrable security system.
Main Characters in this Episode
- Goof (continuity error): Phelps finds the instructions on a tape, which has a black and a white side. When he puts the tape into the recorder the black side is uppermost. In the close-ups, only the white side can be seen. In the final shot, by removing the tape, you can see, that the black side is up again.
- Goof (crew or equipment visible): In the beginning of this episode, when the team is preparing in Mr. Phelps condo, Barney demonstrates to the team what Rusty the cat is capable of. He instructs the cat to retrieve Cinnamon's pearl necklace that was placed in a pouch by Phelps, for Rusty to find. Rusty pulls off the retrieval of the necklace flawlessly, but when he walks back to Barney, one can see a hand holding a reward for Rusty in the left part of the screen (it is barely visible). Rusty takes the treat from the hand. The hand is not Barney's, because both his hands are visible to pick up Rusty and the necklace. As there was no-one else of the IMF team even close to Barney at that point, one can only assume it is the hand from a member of the film crew to give the cat the treat that was used to lure him in in the first place.
- Goof (continuity error): The badge number worn by Cinnamon is 109. That worn by Rollin is either 310 or 210 (first digit is not 100% clear). But later on, when the security desk man checks the badge rack for people who have not signed out yet (Rollin and Cinnamon), the only two badge numbers (other than Phelps's #260) which are missing are 32 and 109. Since Cinnamon's is 109, Rollin's would have to be 32, which is an error.
- Goof (continuity error): Willy uses the stamp stuck to his finger to add Phelps's signature ("Wilkins") to the sign-out book. Later, when the guard checks the book, the signature is there, but the one below is missing and the other signatures have changed places.
- There were as many as 12 different cats used, each trained to do one specific task.